Finale: Hematite {Part 1}

[KILL HER.]

I narrowed my eyes as the order could not be any more clear. Looking out at the battlefield, I watched as the other 1v1 competitors moved out of the ring, allowing Mercury Black and Yang Xiao-Long to have the floor to themselves. Looking around, I stood up, slinging my parasol over my shoulder as I went into the interior of the Arena, searching for my target.

["3!"]

I tapped my parasol on my shoulder as I made my way through the halls, looking as casual as I can be while also keeping my charm as the 'ice cream assassin'. My eyes acutely scanned the crowd for a certain shade of green.

["2!"]

I spotted one of the green assailant's friends as I walked past one of the entrances to the stands, keeping my eye on her as I tipped my hat down. Following her loosely, I hung out by a stand while she approached who I was looking for.

 Following her loosely, I hung out by a stand while she approached who I was looking for

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

["1!"]

I couldn't hear to what they were saying, but after Emerald nodded, the raven-haired young woman left her, splitting apart and allowing me to follow my target more easily.

["BEGIN!!!"]

I smirked as I tailed her, watching her make her way through the crowds and taking the smoothest, yet quickest way after her. I heard the sounds of a scuffle out in the stands, the two brawlers of two different schools going at it pretty hard. I glanced out that way before turning back to Emerald, seeing her going into a staff-only door. Raising an eyebrow, I stepped in front of the door before it closed, letting my foot catch it and allow myself to slip it before it slammed shut. Emerald went down the empty hall, the sounds of the battle being the only noise to mask the tail I was giving her. Hiding behind the corner, I saw Emerald stop at the door leading out to the field, her eyes narrowed in concentration as the buzzer went off.

["What a way to kick off the finals! Yang Xiao-Long wins!"]

Emerald's eyes narrowed further as the presence of a Semblance was made known. Seeing my chance, I stepped out from the corner and charged her, the blade sticking out from my parasol. Emerald, hearing me, gasped as she looked back and bent forward. I glided over her, flipping to face her as she stood back up. Her eyes went to the battlefield, grimacing in frustration as she missed her chance to do something. Rushing her while she was distracted forced her to flee, running away as I tailed her, nicking her a good few times as we went back to the staff door she came through. Throwing open the door, she passed through and rushed into the crowd, holding her arm as I jumped out, looking around for her as I frowned in disappointment at the minuscule amount of blood I shed this moment. Clearly, getting to Emerald Sustrai was going to be harder than expected. She had the moves of a master thief, which gave her a great prowess in predicting moves, and her flexibility was nothing to laugh at, either. I frowned as I messaged Raymond, telling him that I missed my chance. Then, I went on my way.