•[1]•

Scalpels...
Syringes...
Electric chairs...
Drugs...

To me they were now long gone as the prison that I thought would bound me forever was now burning in brilliant blazing flames. It was site to behold! The smell of blood stained on my ragged clothes was nothing compared to the scent of burning corpses wafting in the air.

It was a cold and silent night, but the embers of my once home warmed me. The thought of the ones who held me captive for so long rotting in the pits of hell- it was a bitter sweet moment. Their final screams and pleas were a sweet melody to me. The look on their faces, the terror in their eyes as they saw death knocking on their door. Their little sweet creation became the eternal nightmare for them. My kill, my face, they shall never forget it as they head unto the after life.

But what is this , as I caught something moving at my peripheral vision. Was someone still alive?

I clenched my fists being careless thinking what I did was enough for them to rot, I was damn wrong.

The person who was struggling for dear life looked pitiful. Half his face was already scorched, steel bars impaled him, the more he moved the more blood gushed out from his wounds.

As he saw me staring at him, his face instantly filled with terror. He was paralyzed either because of his injuries or because of my presence. Nevertheless, he was pitiful to look at.

"P-Please..." He cried out. He lay down his head, to show his sincerity. "I-I have a family..." he said in weak voice.

Family... I questioned myself for what is a family. I would read books about children having a family. But when I was a child, why didn't I have a family? Shouldn't family be with you in your darkest hour, but why didn't no one came when I was put to such suffering? Why didn't I have a family?

Tears suddenly streamed down my face, the man looked at me stunned at the state I was in.

"W-why don't I have a ...F-family?" I whimpered. The man didn't answer my question, he was just shaking on the ground. I thought he was crying as he pleads for his life but I was wrong.

"A being...Like you having a Family? No one would even dare go near you!!!" He exclaimed, instantly I didn't hesitated on stomping on his head and stabbing it with a nearby debris.

What he said suddenly triggered something inside me.

No one would even dare go near you!
No one would even dare go near you!!!
No one would even dare go near you!!!!
NO ONE WOULD EVEN DARE GO NEAR YOU!!!

I clutched my head tightly as the voice echoes louder in my mind. It was getting louder and louder. It won't stop!

"Stop it...Stop it...Stop it...STOP IT!!!" I yelled, but it became louder than ever before. It felt like I was surrounded. Were the spirits of my victims haunting me already?

Your powers are unstable...
Trust us and we shall heal you...
This will only hurt a bit...
Hail as you are a gifted of such power!!!

"STOP IT!!!! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!!" As I screamed, pleading to the full moon. I lost control as I used my gift- my skin glew ever so brightly. I didn't know what I was doing anymore. A blast occurred, engulfing the burning asylum , the forest around it, and me as well in the blast.

I guess this is how I end my life? By the hands of my own gift that I eternally despise. Closing my eyes awaiting for my entrance to the afterlife, my so-called life flash before my eyes...

Could it really be considered a life if everyday suffering is what you would wake up to?

Well, it is my life...and seeing it all over again is the last thing I might do...

♧♧♧

"Wake up young one".

My innocent child self woke up to the voice of a man wearing a grey laboratory outfit. I couldn't see his face as it was hidden behind a mask. I found myself in shackles, I had a strange collar around my neck. There was a small light glowing red.

I didn't know who I was... or where I was, or how I ended up here. Everything before that was a blur.

"Welcome, Subject: 821-PN5" the man said in a deep voice.

Subject: 821-PN5 was what he called me. I didn't know why, I had a feeling I had a name. I wanted to question a million things to him but before I could he spoke once again.

"It is time for your session" he said in a monotone voice. Before I could ask what he meant by that, two people -I presume were women entered the room and grabbing me tightly and pulling me unto a wheel chair filled with straps.

My instincts suddenly kicked in, I tried to break free from their grasp, I didn't even hesitate to kick one of them on shins. I elbowed the other one in the stomach, as she winces in the pain , I saw a small scalpel holstered on her belt and grabbed it. Seeing that I only have one target left I charged at him with the scalpel, he looked as if he was easy to take down- until I was suddenly shocked with high volts of electricity.

I fell to the ground still being electrocuted which I would guess is from the collar.

The man walked towards me, slowly clapping. Even with his mask on I could tell he looked very amused at what I did.

"Such and amazing stunt little one, who knew despite erasing your memories. The skills you possess as an assassin still linger in your body?" He said.

Erased memories ? Assassin ? Was I an assassin before? But how, I'm just a child... How can I be an assassin?

Before I knew it I was strapped unto a wheelchair , being taken towards a strange room. I found myself in an ever so winding hallway. It looked like a hospital of some sorts, seeing many people dress in the same uniform as the men and the two women behind me. There were also those pushing a cart of different medical tools. There were also others being bounded to a wheelchair taken to who knows where. Their ages ranged from a child like me to their late teens. As I looked at them, I noticed their lifeless eyes and scars around their bodies. Others looked pale while there were those shivering. I had a bad feeling about this...

"Here we are..." the man led me inside a room. There lay in the middle was one light and a steel bed. I couldn't see anything else in the darkness but something inside tells me I won't like this.

As the women took off the straps from the wheelchair , I wanted to jump out and escape but I feared that I might get electrocuted again. I had no choice but to follow them. They strapped me down unto the steel bed.

"Behave as our doctors shall run some tests on you" one of the women said before leaving me.

At the same time they left the room, everything started to illuminate. Around me where different machines that I don't want to know what they do, there were also 3-4 people, I presume were the doctors, walking towards me. They clamped each of my limbs with a strange device connected to the machines. One of them placed somewhat a sensor around my head and attached a wire on my collar.

"Subject: 821-PN5, on stand by for session 1 of Gift Research : Amplifying and Contracting Experiment... Commence!" One of them announced. In a few seconds, I felt intense pain around my body. It felt like I was being pierced by thousands of knives infuse with high voltage of electricity. I wanted to die at that moment, but something in me wouldn't end it.

"AMAZING!!! 821-PN5's a great specimen ! Our machines couldn't comprehend the power that lies in her. This must he a break through!" I heard one of the doctors exclaim.

After the session I was brought back to my room, shackled once again. My body felt numb, I wanted to cry from the pain but I couldn't.

The door opened revealing the same man once again, "You did well for your first session, your data couldn't be recorded well from the machines we had. So expect a session every 30 minutes to get clear reading" .

Hearing what he said stunned me, every 30 minutes I would experience such torture. I wanted to escape and break free.

"Escaping is futile young one..." He said. "This is your new home...Welcome to the Asylum" it was the lasting he said before leaving.

The Asylum.