Chapter 3 ~ Going Underground.

'Meet me at the cafe down the street at 17:00, make sure to wear something dark. And a cap.
P.s. Remember don't say anything to the others about this.
-One.'

One week after One had rudely woken me up at 3am to declare that I come on the new mission, I honestly was starting to get impatient waiting for news.
That's until this morning when I received this text.

I got up at about 10am that day, made myself some food then climbed back into bed to do some more research.

It got to about 12:30 when I finally pulled myself out of bed to shower, got changed and make myself look decent but made sure that I would blend in with the crowd.

I then went into my specially set up computer room, I put on my headset and turned coms on.

"Anyone online?" I queried while typing my password into the computer.

"Well if it isn't my favourite lady." Four spoke.

"Four." I said surprised. "How come you're up so early? don't you normally stay up late flirting anonymously with women online to get yourself off?"

He just scoffed. "Excuse me what do you take me for?."

"She's not lying though is she? I think I've accidentally walked in on you enough time's Four. I have to bleach my eyes every time." Two chimed in.

"Shut up Two you should feel blessed. Wait Zero what the hell! are you stalking me?" He shouted in an urgent tone.

I gasped. "Is that a confession? I may have looked into all of your internet histories. You know routine checks." I shrugged even though they couldn't see it.

"Jesus women."

"Look I'm just doing my job, keeping everyone safe." I said. "Anyway, am here to ask that if everyone's done their respective research please send it to me. I can update Ones dater base as fast as possible, then we can get on with the mission."

"Already sent you it Zero, I'll talk to you two later, three is calling me for some target practice."

"Bye Two have a good practice, not that you need it." I giggled.

"So you're stalking me?"

"Darling did you not listen? I have to look into everyone's internet history now and again for security reasons."

"But you've still looked into my internet history." he hissed.

"Don't worry Four, your's isn't the spiciest." I laughed.

"So who's is the worst?"

"That sir I can't disclose." I clicked my tongue.

"Puft you're no fun Zero."

There was a moment of silence while I typed up some new found research on the Dictators brother that we were trying to find.

"Four." I said quietly.

"Yes sweetheart?" I rolled my eyes at the nickname, ignoring the butterflies it gave me.

"Do you ever miss being alive?"

"why would I miss being alive when being dead is so free? I mean yeah there's somethings I miss and would maybe change like how One treats us. But the freedom of being dead makes everything almost worth it." He paused for a moment. "Is this about what I said the other day? am sorry for going off like that, I was just so overwhelmed by Six's death. I guess I crossed a line."

"No, no I get it. I just feel so lonely some times. I guess I kind of miss friendships but mostly relationships"

"I mean I wouldn't blame you, as you said you're always cut off from us. I'd feel lonely too if One had me copped up in a apartment twenty-four hours, but just remember that just because you can't see us doesn't mean that we won't always be here for you. You can talk to any of us if you need to." Four said sincerely.