How I Got Myself Into This Mess

I have no idea what Chuck wants, but Johnny called me a few minutes after I read the text that he'll pick me up at my flat, but I told him that I'm at fitness, to which he laughed, but came to pick me up anyway. I am sitting on the passenger's seat starring outside. I have no idea what they want, but Johnny looks weirdly happy even for him and he is always happy! No matter how many questions I ask he just shrugs his shoulders and continues to smile like a complete idiot he is. I can't believe we are cousins. Finally we arrive to Chris' house which is more of a mansion. He might not be a very good racer, but he most certainly has a rich family so he is basically able to afford whatever he wants without being worried about his career. I can't really judge him since I could have this, but I don't want it. I want to create something by myself. I'm sick of people thinking I'm some upper class chiwawa obsessed lady, which used to happen a lot in my past. Johnny stops his Opel on the small driveway next to Chris' Audi and Eric' bike. I can see Johnny is excited for some reason since he almost starts pushing me towards the door.

"Great, they are here," I can hear Chris' sarcastic comment coming from the kitchen. I know where everything is, because I came here to sign a contract and I spent a lot of time searching for Chris.

"Just shut your mouth," I can hear Chuck which is followed by Eric's giggles. "You too, Grande."

"Hi, guys!" says Johnny sitting on one of multiple chairs next to Eric.

"Took you long enough," says Chuck looking straight at me. "You look sick."

"I'm not," I say crossing arms over my chest. "I thought I was out," I say. As much as I want I don't dare to look at Chris because I feel this weird fear towards him.

Chuck looks at Chris and then quickly back at me. "Well, you're not. I don't care what Rosy here says. We need this season as much as you do. So we came to the conclusion." He hands me a bunch of papers. "Take your time. And sit down for God sake."

Awkwardly I sit down and take a look at the papers. I always hated paperwork, but I don't want to get myself in a situation I have no idea what it means. After what feels like hours, I look up from the paper a bit confused. "So... you want me to race?"

Chuck nods. "Correct."

"I'll race and Chris will take the credit?" I ask.

"And for exchange, he'll take you to all events so you'll be able to make contacts making it easier for you to continue," says Johnny. Now I see why was he so excited this whole time. I know he expects me to be excited to, but I am just not. I now this would mean more stress and pressure, but at least it would fall onto me if I make it in life or not, which is scary, but at the same time I want to have control over my life. I look at Chuck, "But I can't race."

"You know how to drive. All you need to do now is learn to drive faster under pressure and surrounded by others. It's really not that different than your endless test drives," he says taking a bite of the cookie. "Chris, where did you get these?"

"That's not important," says Chris grabbing my shoulders pulling me closer to his face. He is standing up and that is making him look even scarier. "Do you understand what does this mean?"

I quickly nod feeling intimidated by him. "The girl hasn't even accepted it! Give her a break," says Eric drinking his water.

"I accept," I hear myself say. Before I know I am handed a pen and the contract and all of a sudden there are my initials on the paper, for some reason I've always signed everything using only my initials. C. L. S. There they are. Blue on the white surrounded by black.

Eric and Johnny clap and laugh, Chris rolls his eyes and Chuck snaches a cookie from my hand. "You need Chris to be a good racer, don't you?"

"Yes?" I say not sure what he means and what does that have to do with the cookie.

"This means you are under my rezime now," he says. "You need to lose weight and get some muscles. Eric will take your mesures so he can make a suit that'll fit you but make you look like you're Rose. We meet tomorrow morning in the park. 6 am. Don't be late," is all he says before he leaves.

Chris comes to my eye level looking me straight in the eyes. "Don't blow it."