How I Decided To Continue My Life

I've been awake for almost a week and am still in a hospital since my head is not fully healed and they still need to run some tests to make sure I was ok. Of course I was starving since the hospital food could not be considered as a real food, but Lindsay and Johnny did their part in smuggling me real food to me. We are talking about Johnny and Lindsay, which by itself means they were not very smooth, but no one said anything since me having a healthy appetite meant I was doing ok. Of course everything still hurt, but it was getting better. I was even able to stand up, but only when someone was there to help me stand on only one leg. I was regularly visited by Lindsay, my team, which of course includes Chuck and a couple of other racers who I met during my time interacting with the community.

There is laughing heard from my room. Sam and Claus have come to pay me a visit a few minutes after my prosthetic leg arrived and were now helping me practicing walking with it. Sure, the doctor explained to me how to do it and have been doing it with me for nearly an hour, but I am still not good with it.

Claus is sitting on the small cupboard laughing his ass off as Sam is supporting me. "Can I let you go?"

"Yes!" I say annoyed. He does and I manage to stand up straight for a few seconds then fall over to Sam catching me again. "This is hard!"

"I heard you were supposed to walk like normal," says Claus.

"Don't listen to him," says Sam slowly letting me go again. "He's smart now!"

"Look!" I exclaim as I manage to stand up straight for a few seconds.

"Nice job!" says Sam taking a step away. "Come to me."

"Is she a baby?" asks Claus.

"Come to papa!" says Sam spreading his arms.

I take one step with the prosthetic leg and try to step on it, but it shakes somehow weirdly and I trip over right into Sam's arms. "Papa!" I exclaim sending the three of us laughing.

Sam pulls me up making sure I can stand. "How can you be so bad at this?"

His face is inches away from mine and his arms are wrapped around my waist holding me. I remember the way I turned him down, but in deference to before I don't feel anything and I believe he doesn't as well from his reactions. I am so glad I did what I did because I doubt we'd still be together after this, but now we can still have a healthy friendship, which is exactly what I need right now. "I don't know!" I say.

"Should I leave?" asks Claus.

Sam rolls his eyes and let me go one again. "Come on, try again."

I manage to make a few steps this time before collapsing again. "How?!" exclaims Claus.

"Shut up!" I say laughing holding onto Sam's green jacket.

At that time the door opens and there are standing mum and dad. "Christine," says mum killing Sam with her gaze. "And... gentlemen."

"We should go," says Claus standing up.

"See you tomorrow?" asks Sam helping me get to the bed so I can sit down safely.

"Sure," I smile and wave as the two walk out of the room their laughing still heard from outside. "Hi, mum, dad!"

"What is wrong with you?!" exclaims dad. "Have you got any idea what could've happened?"

"Wow, for you being a highly educated individual not being able to tell I know what happened while walking with this..." I say sarcastically stretching my left leg in the air.

"You are ruined," says mum which hurts. "Look at yourself!"

"I know how I look like. I live with myself, you know."