How Sam Wanted To Be With Me

I take a deep breath. Only a few more laps. The adrenaline is pumping my body and the bike working under me affects me as well. I am in this trans again in which all I see is the road in front of me. The bikes that I pass don't startle me at all. The noise the crowd is making is masked by the bike roaring as I speed up more and more. I lean and raise back up. I can see the finish line in front of me and I manage to get myself out of the trans so I can speed up safe enough to pass the line and finish the best I can. I pass the line and start slowing down. I need to get to the box as fast as I can so Chris can walk out and get the all the credits. "Do another lap," I can hear Johnny.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Chris is still on his way from the doctor's office. Just do another lap and prolong..."

"Ok," is all I say as I raise my arms in a little celebration in being on the first place again. I can see a few racers pass me. I go another lap. I can feel adrenaline calming down but the excitement is still present. I am grinning. I won! Again! As I come closer to our box, I grab my chest like my heart hurts letting everybody know our team will be closed for press due to health problems.

"We won!" exclaim Eric as soon as I step off the bike.

"Nice job, cus," says Johnny helping me take the heavy clothes off.

"Thanks," I say smiling.

"Good girl," says Chuck smiling.

I change into simple jeans and a black T-shirt while Johnny and Eric start working on the bike. "Wow, you did push this baby pretty far," says Eric as is checking out the tire he just changed.

"Is something wrong?" I ask walking from behind the screen, which allows us to change.

"Well, we are going to need better tires because this brand is way too soft for you," says Johnny laughing.

"So now we wait for Chris to come?" I ask buckling up the belt I have to wear or the jeans, that I used to be able to barely zip, would slide down everytime I moved.

"Basically," says Chuck.

I throw myself down next to Chuck. I know it'd be pretty practical if I went out, but I really don't feel like it. The sofa is free thus I can lay down. "I want to sleep."

"Then sleep," says Chuck.

There is a knock on the door. "Yeah?" asks Johnny opening the door enough to see who it is, but not enough for the visitor to see inside.

"Hi, is Chris here?" a familiar voice says.

"Chris? Yap, yap, he's here. Why would he be somewhere else? Is not like he's not..." Johnny starts stuttering.

"Very smooth," Chuck mumbles sending me and Eric to giggle.

The visitor chuckles. "I was talking about Christine."

"Oh," Johnny says turning around. "Chris!"

"No need to shout," I say standing up. "Oh, hey Sam," I say as I see the blonde.

"Hey, congratulations," he smiles giving me the trophy he brought. "I saw Rose wasn't feeling good so I took the liberty to bring it to you."

"That is very kind of you," I say taking it. "Than you." I have no idea what to say so I just blur out, "Bye."

"So I went through all of those negotiations and didn't even get to ask you out for a drink?" he raises his bright eyebrows and looks super cute at that moment.

"When did you have in mind?" I ask awkwardly since I've never been in this situation.

"Right now. There is a bar at the stadium, you know?"