1

Aaliyah was on holiday. She looked around and smiled. She loved coming away. She tried to get away as much as she could, to recharge her batteries. There was so much going on at home that it was all doing her head in. To be honest, that's what she was escaping from, every once in a while. She didn't know how it started or where it would end, but she was quite fed up of it. Plus, she was an independent girl, who hated others doing things for her. She laughed as she remembered how scared and worried her parents had been the  first time she had wanted to go on holiday alone. It had taken lots of pleading and promises to them both, before they had allowed her. Aaliyah put her book down, and reached for her bag. Aaliyah was stunned to see there was nothing there. She looked around everywhere but nothing. Where the hell is my bag she wondered?

Jameel was walking through the park, eating ice cream and listening to music. A figure in the distance caught his attention. He looked closely and saw a girl, running around in circles. Jameel curiously watched her for a while. She clearly was looking for something and couldn't find it, and was running around frantically like a headless chicken. Jameel just stood there, watching her as she accidentally ran straight into him.

"Whoah. Watch yourself."

"Sorry. I didn't mean to."

Jameel could see how frantic with worry she was. She was hyperventilating before him.

"Are you ok? Take deep breaths. What's the matter?"

"The matter? I'll tell you the matter. I've lost everything."

"Relax. Calm down. Come here." Jameel led them to a park bench. "Ok, keep calm. What's the matter?"

"My bags disappeared. My bag that had everything in it. My passport, my ticket home, my cards, my cash, my phone, everything."

"Whoah."

"I know right. And now I have no way to contact my parents. But I don't want to worry them. They were against me coming on my own, from the beginning. I'm so stupid. How could I lose my bag?"

Jameel took out his phone. "Here, use it. Cancel everything. Get new replacements."

Aaliyah looked surprised as Jameel handed her the phone and walked away, giving her some privacy. Aaliyah did as he instructed and cancelled everything. 

"Thank you. Everything is cancelled. It'll be a while before my replacements get here. Guess I'm stuck here then."

"Well the main thing is everything's cancelled. You can stop worrying now."

"All thanks to you. Why'd you help me? I'm not being ungrateful, but I don't even know you."

"I never like to see a damsel in distress. Or call it my good deed of the day."

Aaliyah smiled, and thanked him. She turned around to go, but Jameel stopped her.

"Aren't you going to tell me your name?"

Aaliyah shook her head. "I like to keep the mystery alive. I could be anyone from anywhere. See you next time." Jameel smirked watching her go. She's a strange girl he thought. Until next time.