3

"Jameel, are you listening to me?"

Jameel shook his head, and the thoughts disappeared. Her image disappeared. "Sorry mum, I was away with the fairies. What were you saying?"

"Jameel, ever since you've been back, you've been away with the fairies. What happened on holiday?"

"Nothing mum. Just the usual. I'm sorry I haven't been paying attention. My brains still on holiday."

Jameel went upstairs before anyone could ask any more questions. Jameel went into his room and touched his lips. He could still feel her on them. He knew he wasn't supposed to try and find her, but he needed to see her again. Just one glimpse was enough. But where to start?

"Aaliyah, pay attention", yelled her instructor as he prepared to attack. Luckily Aaliyah came to, and managed to pin him down.

"Dad, you've been training me with a different instructor since I was little. I think I'm quite good."

"Yes Aaliyah, I agree. Your good, but there's always room for improvement. Our enemies won't hesitate to attack, and I want you to be prepared at all times."

"Yes dad, I know you're worried about me, but I like to believe I can defend myself."

"I know. I'm proud of you, but just remember our enemies. They won't hesitate to attack, just because you're a girl. They're not good people Aaliyah."

"I know dad. You've told me. I'll be ready."

"And don't think they'll take it easy on you because your female."

"I know dad, but how much longer do you want me to train? Due to these intense workouts, I miss out on some normal stuff that people my age do."

"I'm only trying to prepare you."

"I know dad. I love how much you worry about me, but sometimes I just want to do normal stuff."

"Ok, I'm sorry. Maybe I'm being too strict. I'm sorry. I'll try to tone it down.

Aaliyah hugged her dad. "I know it's because you care, and just want the best for me." Aaliyahs dad hugged her back, and kissed the top of her head. "Ok, tonight we're going to a masquerade ball. That should cheer you up. Now hurry home, and get ready."