Pluperfect (Part 3 End)

The mild heat of the middle of spring was coming in. It was close to the end of April and Joel couldn't be happier, only a couple more weeks until he could hold his sweet little baby. His band had thrown him a small baby shower and they took turns taking him to appointments, they were overall fully trying to support and help Joel through his pregnancy.

Deep down he knew they were all pissed off at Cody for what he had said over the phone. Since Joel couldn't tour, he knew of a couple times when the guys said they had to keep Bradley from popping off on Cody when they even pass at a venue. He thought the overprotectiveness was cute in thought, but he was over it.

He was about to become a parent and didn't have time to be mad, a little part of him actually still loved Cody, but day after day his unrequited thoughts become less and less. Cody wasn't there so he's a waste of time to think about.

Cody didn't come to the doctor's appointments, he didn't help when Joel had morning sickness, and he definitely didn't help when he told Joel to kill his baby girl. Joel was pulled out of his thoughts when he felt a kick at his side. The thought that it was his baby, his girl, made him smile hard. He couldn't even think of a situation where he would have listened to Cody.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get Scared was doing a neighboring states tour, and even though Joel wasn't actually touring, he still went along for the ride. That way there was always someone around if he needed help. Of course, the guys, and even Nicholas his temporary replacement, were accommodating.

During the last gig of the night, an interviewer had asked the band if they minded a quick Q&A. They didn't decline but were wary of leaving Joel alone for that long, anything could happen. They went back to the tour bus to freshen up.

"What are you guys getting so dressed up for its almost 10 at night?" Joel asked walking out from the back bedroom cradling his baby bump. It was rare that the guys went out so this was odd.

"Were doing a quick Q&A with an interviewer from that 'Rock Life' Magazine. We thought you'd be asleep though and didn't wanna really bother you." Nicholas said as he was smoothing his hair into the right places.

"Well, I wanna go. I'll go get ready." Before Joel could waddle off to get ready he heard a mantra of voices behind him.

"Are you ready for this?"

"Is this really what you need right now?"

"What if they ask questions?"

He just waved his hand to dismiss them and went to get dressed as quickly as possible.

Within 15 minutes they were walking to an empty hall where an interview was set up and ready for the band. To say the least, everyone was surprised to see Joel after 7 months of not being in the media.

The interviewer who had some god awful scene name, Trixie Afflicted, talked to everyone beforehand and thanked them for agreeing to talk to her. She looked like a giddy teen that worked part-time for the company and just so happened to meet her idols.

All of them piled into any available seating, some opting to sit on the arms of the chairs so that Joel could have a seat to himself. Once everyone was seated Joel took a deep breath as the big lights came on and he heard the camera people counting down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After his spat with Joel a few months ago, Cody tried to sever all ties with him and his band. It was harder than he had thought considering they tour together, a lot. He knew they all hated him, and he couldn't really blame them. He'd hate him too.