Episode 2: Power Hijack

In a sunlit restaurant, Jack Eichel and Jeff Skinner sit at a round table by the large window displaying the serene downtown.

Jack cuts into his steak as he hears his teammate exclaim, "MMM! MMM! MMM! MMM!!!"

He flicks his sharp eyes up ahead of him.

On the other side of the table, Jeff wiggles himself with closed eyes and large smile as he chews.

He swallows and opens up his bright eyes. "This is so good!" He shakes his fork at his own plate. "You gotta try some!"

Jack gazes down at his plate. "It's the same plate as mine. You decided to get the same thing as me." He then continues to cut into his own steak.

"Ohhh right!" Jeff tears another piece of steak with his fork and consumes it. "So after this, we try to find banners with you in them?"

"Yeah," he replies with no eye contact.

"Oh, I can't wait—!"

Jeff throws his hands in the air, accidentally throwing his knife behind him.

The utensil hits the red carpet flooring behind him.

With a drop of his smile, Jeff twists his body and peers behind the backrest of his seat to stare at the strayed knife.

"Uh oh," he croaks out with large eyes. "I-I kinda need that..."

He untwists himself and gazes around the restaurant. People happily enjoy their food or converse with one another. A waitress takes an order. A waiter places hot food on another table.

With a gulp, Jeff turns back to face in front of him. His eyes light up.

Jack stares at him with his hand out to him. In his hand is a clean steak knife.

"Oh, thank you!" Jeff snatches the knife and continues sawing into his steak. He then stops with realization setting in his face.

He peers up. "Wait, do you have a knife?"

Jack looks up from his plate and holds up his knife.

Jeff gazes at his new knife. "So how did this knife..." He turns his eyes up to Jack with wide eyes.

He gasps. "You used YOUR POWERS!!!"

Jeff springs from his seat and rushes around the table to stand next to him. "And you didn't let me see them?!" He bounces up and down in place, his hands on the table's surface. "Let me see them, let me see them!!!"

Jack shoots him a glare. "You already got your knife; go sit down."

Jeff halts his jumping. "But I wanna see them! It must be so cool make knives like—" He chops his hands in the air with a joking serious look as he creates whizzing sounds with his mouth.

Jack holds an unamused look at his actions. "No, it's not cool."

Jeff whirls back to him. "Ohhhh, it is—" He snags his hand, forcing him to drop his knife in shock. "—seeing knives come out from your hands like—" He shakes his hand; a blade whizzes out. "WHOA!!!"

The blade soars across the room, stabbing a faux plant at the entrance of the building. With a laugh of amusement, Jeff continues agitating his hand.

More blades fly out in various directions: Multiple blades impale the nearest tables, chairs, booths, and walls. A couple more blades dive into plates and almost hit bypassing customers and waiters. A few crash into the window beside the two, gliding into streets.

Parallel to the window, across the sidewalk, is a tree which Patrik Laine is climbing on. His eyes are aimed at a squirrel scrambling up the tree's thin branches.