Episode 9: All-Star Power Player Matches

In the reporters' booth, looking over the ice and audience, are Cam Atkinson and Seth Jones. They both wear headsets and suits and sit behind the desk's surface. Cam's side is spewed with paper; Seth's side is organized with neat stacks of paper.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls," Cam announces to the script he is reading from, "welcome back to the intermission report of the All-Star Power Player Matches! I'm your host, Cam Atkinson, and this is my partner-in-crime, Seth Jones!"

With a large grin, Cam holds his hand out to Seth, who is on his left.

Seth frowns at him. He clears his throat.

Cam turns to him. "What?"

He points to his chest. "I'm the play-by-play." He reverts his finger to him. "You're the color commentator."

Cam flicks his hand at him. "Oh yeah, what he said." He faces his script again. "I can't believe we're already at the final round! The other three rounds were filled with on-the-edge-of-your-seat excitement as we see the power players battle it out! First, it all started with—"

"Cam."

Cam turns back to his partner. "What?"

Seth points to him. "You're supposed to ask me how it all went down." He turns his finger to himself. "I'm the play-by-play. You're the color commentator." He drops his hand.

"But I already know how it went down—" Cam directs his hand to the spewage of papers in front of him. "I was about to go into it."

Seth stares at him. He then dips down beneath the surface of the desk, straightens up, and plops a basket filled with chocolate chip cookies in between them. He pushes the basket toward Cam.

Cam sheepishly chuckles and reaches out to the basket. "So, uh, Jonesy, how did it all go down?" He takes a cookie and bites into it.

"Well, Cam, thank you for asking!" Seth exclaims with a coat of sarcasm. He places his hands on the script laid in front of him. "It started off when the Pacific division kicked off the first round between Joe Pavelski of the San Jose Sharks and Marc-André Fleury of the Vegas Golden Knights—"

"FOH! FEE FLINT FIK!" Cam blurts out with a full mouth. He sweeps his hand across him.

Seth eyes him. "Let's say Pavs wiped Flower out to get that golden stick." He turns back to his paper. "And for the second match of the Pacific?"

Cam swallows, plucks his script, and snaps it in the air with two hands. "We got Elias Pettersson of the Vancouver Canucks and Clayton Keller of the Arizona Coyotes. Even if Petey was able to stretch himself across the length of the rink, he wouldn't have been able to get the stick. Kelly used his soundwave manipulation from those howls."

He drops the script to squish the earpieces of his headset against his ears. "Ouch! Those were so loud!" He removes his hands from his headset. "But powerful enough to blow Petey out to aside to get the golden stick! And then in the Metro—"

"We still have one more Pacific match." Seth points to his script. "And the whole Central division."

Cam leans his head back. "Gah, I wanna see how our rivals are doing—"

"You will," he replies nonchalantly while picking up his script, "let's just finish recapping the Western Conference's matches."

Cam groans and eats another cookie.

"Finally, for the last match in the first round for the Pacific division was Leon 'D—'"

"'D'?" Cam muffles with confusion aimed at him.