hiyoko's hero report.

PROLOGUE

' HELLO, welcome back to JNNC. Where you can find your national news, from trusted sources you can rely on. You're watching hiyoko's hero report. I ask the hard questions heroes need to answer. '

The blonde on the screen gave a little smile, her crimson lips distracting from her perfectly smooth bob. She had a love for sharp angles.

' TODAY, I'm exploring the topics we are all wondering about. Is Endeavor really living up to All Might? Within national polls, people are beginning to show concern that he really isn't the unstoppable flame we thought.'

Her voice was smooth, filled with an acidic tone, like she was personally jabbing the person on the other side of the screen.

' EARLIER TODAY, we got a chance to catch up with Hawks, the number two hero. How does he really feel about what's going on in our cities? Does he truly care about the Japanese people or is he too busy running into windows? '

She looked sideways into the camera, her perfectly manicured hands angling in the shot. Her eyes narrowed, not even glancing down at the papers or the computer screens. She stared into the camera.

' CRIME rates are steadily increasing by the minute. Is it related to the rise in the national healthcare crisis? Are the league of villains much worse than we initially were led to believe? The people need answers. I need answers. '

Blue eyes glinted back at the camera, brilliant white teeth flashing.

' I'M your host, Hiyoko Mirai. We're diving right into the public polling in regards to number one hero, Endeavor. He currently has a 54% approval rate within a focus group, which leads us to believe — is he really holding the mantle as number one hero well? '

Images of Endeavor lit up the screen for the viewer. She was smirking behind the camera. The rest of her show went on and she left her chair when it was over.

' Miss Hiyoko, c-can I touch up your makeup? ' the lowly assistant said, his hands shaking as he approached her.

' Is that supposed to be some kind of insult? ' She couldn't help the smile tugging at her lips. The assistant turned pasty.

' No! N-no, of course not.'

' I am heading out before joining Toshito for the evening news. If anyone else tells me I need a touch up, they're fired. '

THE hurricane of a woman left. She had instilled fear within everyone at the largest news corporation in Japan. She was the best female journalist in the business, always able to write the most scathing reports.

When she held interviews, no one could escape her icy stare. She wasn't agreeable and nothing came for cheap.

The truth above all else, matters. And if no one was going to hunt for it, Hiyoko would.