004. recruitment.

DEATH BY WINGS.

The night life in the city was beating like his pulse. Fast and bright. Takami had spoken to the league of villains earlier, listening to what they had planned.

"I found someone the other day," he said, knowing that if he recruited someone, it would help him earn their trust.

"Ah, he speaks," the white haired man said, the hand on his face guarding his expression. "Do tell, Hawks."

"I think she's a contract hit woman. But, she has a disdain for heroes just as you do. A very skilled fighter—"

"Oh, do not tell me, I change my mind," Shigaraki put his hand to his chin. "The Red Daughters have infiltrated the city."

Hawks tried not to show his confusion on his face. Red Daughters? He watched them speak with each other. "The Red Daughters?"

"You do not know of this? Hmph," Shigaraki put his hands together, muttering to himself.

"They're an underground syndicate that works closely with the black market to do anything that one desires, as long as the price is right," the purple mass that was Kurogiri noted.

Images of the black haired woman filled Takami's head. She was one of the most proficient fighters he had seen in a long time. She didn't rely on any visible quirk, only her weapons. It made sense she was trained.

"They're cut throat and do not respond well to outsiders," He continued. "It appears you already know this. She went easy on you. Most do not live to tell the tale of a Red Daughter."

Hawks put his gloved hand up to his cheek, the cut had scabbed over.

"If we had one of the daughters, it could help us expand our network."

"Yes, yes, that sounds excellent," Shigaraki gave a small laugh, his eyes wide behind the hands. "You've done well, Hawks. Your assignment is to find her and bring her to us."

"By her own free will," Kurogiri said, adding on to Shigaraki's sentence. "Otherwise, we will have more trouble on our hands than it is worth."

"Do you know where I should start?" He asked, thinking to himself about how he would present this to her.

Twice popped up out of nowhere. "I've heard talking, no I haven't, I think your best bet would be Night Crawler. You're going to die. Good luck!"

That wasn't reassuring and Hawks left the meeting place with a hint of insecurity. He made his way toward the club, a rather large one with a huge line. The bright purple lights basically blinded him.

He tried to go in disguise, which was difficult to do with wings, but manageable. He wasn't a huge fan of these kind of things. They were just distractions. Why would he go out to a giant sweat pool when he could bar hop?

Night Crawler had a reputation for having nefarious business. When he made it inside, he knew his disguise worked. No one gave him special treatment. He had never been inside Night Crawler, but he had no idea what was in store.

Loud music blared out everything. Women walked around with huge bottles of liquor, neon lights almost causing him to seize up. There were even cage dancers. Now, they're closer to birds.