𝐋𝐞𝐨 𝐱 𝐄𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @SaltyPancakesSSO

Title: Rooftop

We were all on patrol tonight, even (y/n). We had insisted she come out with us, even as she muttered that she'd rather die. Her sibling had just recently passed because of suicide, and she blamed herself because she wasn't home to stop it.

"Hey, (y/n)?" Mikey asked and we all hesitantly looked at her. She was definitely prone to snap at our brother, and if she did, it was a guarantee that Raph would freak, setting off a whole mess of events.

"Yes, Michelangelo?" she asked, tilting her head. Ever since the occurrence, she had also gone back to calling us by our full names, which everyone hated, but no one wanted to mention.

"Aren't the stars pretty tonight?" he gazed up at the sky and I watched as she did the same, motions jerky and unaware like a robot. Then, she looked at him with blank eyes and nodded.

"Yes, they are," I sighed in relief, and almost laughed as I heard Raph and Donnie do the same. Seemed like we were all on edge.

"Well, we should be heading back. I gotta put Mikey to bed," Raph stood up and Mikey pouted as he did the same, knowing better than to argue with an elder about his certified bedtime. Donnie quickly stood up as well.

"And I have an experiment I need to finish," he turned to look at me as if asking if I would be okay with (y/n). I nodded wordlessly and everyone left, whispering madly to each other.

"Hey, (y/n)," I scooted closer to her and smiled gently when she didn't flinch like she used to. That was a start.

"Hello, Leonardo," she tilted her head in greeting. I groaned at the way she sounded like an actual machine and looked at her. 

"Please, don't call me that," she gave me a confused look.

"Why not? Is it not your name?" was she joking? Was she seriously joking? She sounded like an old-rich money person trying to talk to a middle-class adult.

"Because I want you to call me- and everyone else- by our nicknames," she just stared at me and eventually sighed, shifting to turn farther away from me.

"I can't do that." I started to lose my temper but tried to calm down a little; she was just upset over her sibling and I wasn't going to react like Raph. I wasn't going to do that to her.

"Why not?"

"Because I just can't." I growled softly and rolled my eyes when she gave me a blank look. That was it.

"Wow, your sibling would sure love you right now." I muttered under my breath as I looked away from her. My eyes widened and I said a bad word in my mind. Suddenly, there was a scream and I was tackled to the roof, gravel digging into my shoulder.

"Take it back!" (y/n) screeched, pinning my shoulders to the rooftop. I lay still and looked at her, my breath catching in my throat. I know it was the worst time to think about it, it couldn't help but cross my mind. But, in the moonlight, (y/n) was beautiful.

Her raging (e/c) eyes were full of a fire I hadn't seen for weeks, her perfect lips were pulled back in a snarl as she shouted at me, and her hair was shining as she shoved it over her shoulder to dig my arms down even further.

"I love you," I said suddenly, and my eyes went wide as we both processed what had happened. What I had just blurted out for no reason at all.

"What? Seriously? You're gonna say that now?" (y/n) looked down at me incredulously, and I reached up and pulled her down to me, crushing her lips against mine.

She hesitated for a moment before kissing back, and then we pulled away. She pressed her forehead against mine, eyes closed as she breathed deeply. Finally, she opened and shook her head gently against my skin.

"I hate you," she smiled softly.

"I love you too," I grinned, happy that my (y/n) was back.

++++++++++

Ugh I start school again in three days and I don't wanna goooo. Anyways, I've been pretty good about updates and I'm gonna try to not do an authors note at the bottom of every paragraph, so. Thanks!

i actually hate this chapter having to reread and edit this; i hate the way i wrote it and i actually might rewrite it once i have enough time.