𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @SaltyPancakesSSO

Title: Blush

I don't know when or how I was built. Or even by who. I just didn't know. I was created to look like a normal teen- skin and everything- but on the inside I was innocent, like a child.

I had met the turtles by total accident. Literal accident, I had been in a fight with the Purple Dragons and leapt out of an old warehouse window and straight into Michelangelo, who was bawling about leprechauns not being real with his brothers on the ledge right outside.

After that fiasco, I had been taken in by the turtles- and by turtles I mean Donatello- so that he could see how I functioned.

++++++++++

"Okay, (y/n). Now, open your mouth," I did so and Donnie shone a light down my throat. He whistled through the gap in his teeth and took the light away, writing something on a notepad in front of him. He then dismissed me for a little bit,so  I took my leave and made my way to the living room, where Leo and Raph were watching a movie. I decided to join them and sat on the couch, leaning forward to watch. The movie suddenly had a weird part in it, so I asked Leo what that meant.

The turtle immediately blushed and brought his hands up to cover his face, eyes wide as he side-eyed his brother, keeping his eyes away from the screen, where there was a boy and a girl that were suddenly attached at the mouth. 

"It, uh, it means-" Raph cut Leo off as he obviously wasn't going to be able to answer it without blushing like his brother's mask, slapping his brother so hard he fell sideways and landed on the couch, not moving.

"Go ask D," the red-mask instructed and I nodded, quickly making my way back to the lab, closing the door behind me.

"Donatello?" I asked, wandering over to him. He was writing madly on a notepad when I interrupted him. He slammed the notebook shut and threw it into his desk drawer, also violently shutting that.

Well, we'll never mention that again.

"Yes, (y/n)?" he asked, taking a long sip of water. I cleared my throat and took a step closer.

"Can I ask you something?" Donnie nodded and I took a deep breath. I then realized I had no clue how to ask him what I saw. I made a vague gesture with my hand and he tilted his head, eyes furrowing in confusion. I dropped it and licked my lips, sucking them into my mouth as I glanced back at him.

"Can I show you instead? I don't really know how to explain it," he nodded again and I took another step closer so that our chests were effectively touching. Donnie was slowly turning red, so I put my hands around his neck and pressed my lips to his before could freak and push me away like he seemed to want to be doing.

I shoved myself away slowly and nodded at him, seeing that he was now acting like, well, me- a robot.

"So, what was that and what does it mean?" I asked, sitting down in a chair in front of him. Donnie sat in the same spot, staring at me. Then realizing I was asking a genuine question, he straightened up and answered.

"That's what you do if you love someone. Well, love is complicated and sometimes it isn't even love, but that's mainly what you do when you do have that feeling-" he was starting to ramble a bit, so I decided to cut him off and start small.

"What's love?" I immediately retaliated, tilting my head jerkily and furrowing my eyebrows.

"Love is when you care about someone and want them to be happy, putting their needs above your own," Donnie furrowed his eyebrows as he trailed off slowly, like he was realizing something. I sat quietly, thinking his definition over.

"I love you!" I suddenly exclaimed and Donnie jumped, cheeks reddening as he stared at me with wide eyes.

"What? No you don't-" he started and I shook my head, scrunching my eyes closed.

"Yes I do," I said stubbornly, crossing my arms. Realizing I wasn't going to change my mind, Donnie just chuckled and reached forward to ruffle my hair, sitting back with a light sigh and a sideways smile.

"I love you too."

++++++++++

Hey, sorry for the late updates. Uh, yeah. I don't really have anything to say so. Request!

i have to reiterate that this chapter isn't an actual x reader since i stated that the reader does have the mind of a child; it's like a child misunderstanding getting married meant to be cute- dont make it weird.