𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @SaltyPancakesSSO  

Title: Backpack

I was just minding my own business that night. I had just finished killing off some guy and was headed back to the warehouse to get paid for my services. I had just packed up my gun and slung my backpack over my shoulder when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Hey." I stopped and turned just my head. I slowly shoved my hand in my jacket pocket to make it look like I was uninterested, but in reality, I was grabbing the knife I had hidden in the pocket. That voice made me shiver, but not afraid. It was powerful, obviously a male, but it shook a little, like he was scared- lack of confidence.

There were two choices. It was a man who didn't know what he was getting himself into and was just nosey, or it was a man who knew what had happened but was scared because he hadn't figured out who I was.

Either way, I smirked, he's done for.

"Yes?" I drawled, turning around slowly and dropping my backpack onto the rooftop. I saw a man standing about fifteen feet away from me, next to the top of the alleyway where the body was slowly bleeding out onto the pavement. He was tall, maybe about six feet, and broad.

I would have to keep my guard up as I didn't know if he knew how to fight.

"Did you kill the man laying in the alleyway?" straight to the point. Alright, I'll bite.

"Yeah. Straight through the head." I mimicked a gun with my hand and pressed it against my forehead then winked at the man and mimicked a kickback as I playfully yanked my head backwards.

"That's sick. You just shot him? Why; because you were bored?" the man demanded, parting his feet slightly. I narrowed my eyes at his gesture. That meant he was either about to rush me or was thinking about throwing something at me. Bad move.

"Pretty much; he guy beat his wife and four year old daughter mercilessly every night until she called me, in tears, and asked me to fix her little problem. But you could also say I have a problem with boredom." the man visibly flinched and I sighed, suddenly tired. I sat down on the edge of the building and let my feel dangle. I didn't have to worry about being seen as there were nothing but buildings around, and no one was stupid enough to walk around here at night.

Except whoever this guy was apparently.

"What's your name?" I asked, turning towards the man. He hadn't said anything since I had revealed why I killed the man but he quickly looked up when I spoke.

"Uh, Donnie." I mock saluted him and leaned back on my arms, looking at the dark night sky. Seeing the smog and smoke filling it instead of stars, I quickly moved my vision back to the shadow of the tall man that, for some reason, seemed scared to approach me.

"Hello, Donatello. My name's (y/n)." I tilted my head when I noticed the guy clearly tense at his name.

"How do you know my full name?" he asked, taking a step away from me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes playfully, rolling my head back to the sky and closing my eyes.

"You just seem like a Donatello. Smart and uh," I nodded towards his tense figure, "cautious." he then dropped his head and kicked an invisible pebble, seeming embarrassed.

"Oh. Thanks, I guess."

"Now, Donatello, I'm going to ask you two things. I'm not sure what the answers will be, but I'm almost eighty percent sure you won't want to answer the first question. I'm also almost one-hundred percent sure that the answer to the second question will answer the first one." the man suddenly seemed to realize something I didn't and I chuckled lightly.

"Anyways, here's the bait. So, Donatello, what were you doing on the rooftop tonight? And," I raised my finger and wagged it as he took a step forward to protest, "why don't you come have a seat by me?" he froze and I smirked. Gotcha.

"Uh, I just stink that's all." he chuckled nervously and I raised my eyebrow and sighed playfully.

"Just as I thought. You skipped over the first question, and gave an obvious answer to the second."

"I'm not required to answer the questions. I can leave at any time." I smirked again and stood up, turning towards him and crossing my arms.

"Then why don't you?" I wondered and the man seemed to search desperately for an answer.

"You murdered a man." he finally said.

"And you're obviously not a police officer, yet here you are. Why's that?" I shot back.

"I'm just really ugly." he sighed, shoulders slumping down. I knew he was actually telling the truth then so I decided to be less blunt.

"Does it look like I care about looks? I don't care if you're green with a tail." again, he stiffened.

"Are you sure?" he asked tentatively and I nodded again and motioned for him to come forward. With a sigh, he stepped forward and I nodded at the six-foot turtle that now stood in front of me.

"So?" he asked, crossing his arms behind his back and looking down at the roof.

"It's nice to finally put a name with a face. And you really are green- maybe turn around so I can check on that tail situation." I grinned. He quickly looked up and gave a shy smile as he started walking towards me slowly.

"I must say, you seem more intimidating in the shadows." I joked and he snorted and laughed a little.

"You'd be surprised by how many other people disagree." he said, almost bitterly and I patted his arm. Suddenly, there was a ringing and he jumped, grabbing for a shell-shaped phone and putting it to his head.

"Hello? Yeah. You asked me to patrol the whole downtown by myself, why do you think it's taking me so long? There was? Okay, I'm headed back now. Bye, Leo." I rocked back and forth on my thighs, trying to not seem awkward.

"I gotta go and I would leave too if I were you. Someone already called the cops and they're on the way." I nodded and grabbed my backpack.

"Hey, you never answered my first question by the way." I suddenly remembered, turning back to the turtle. He looked down at his phone and then back to me and smiled.

"I'll answer it next time." he then waved and ran off, jumping into the shadows. I smiled and turned the other way, leaping off the roof and into the dark alley's shadows.

Next time.

++++++++++

I really liked this one! Oh and I'm holding a little "contest"! I want a new book cover in celebration of this book hitting 10.4k (thanks to all btw) and i was wondering if someone would idk help me out? dm me and let's talk!

whoever wins will have to tell me what they want cuz idk so yeah lmk!

writing this i was trying to sound all philosophical n shi but i obviously didnt know how lmao