𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by commenting readers!

Title: Backpack Part 2

Key: (f/f)= favorite flavor

Once again, I was just minding my own business. I wasn't even killing anyone this time, just sitting on the rooftop with a bag of apples and a couple of water bottles.

That's when he showed up.

"So, did you kill anyone tonight?" he suddenly showed up behind me while accidentally kicking my bag causing two apples to roll off the roof and down the side of the building I was resting on.

"No, but now I'm considering it." I said as I eyed the fruits hit the ground, one of them bursting open like a firework.

"Sorry." he sat down on the other side of the bag and grabbed an apple as I offered him a water bottle. He shook his head and took a big bite, glancing down at the mess of food below us.

"So, Donatello, what's new?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"You can answer my question then?" he simply nodded, grabbing another apple as he tossed the core down and into a dumpster that was sitting feet away on the alley floor. He made the shot.

"What were you doing on the rooftop that night?" I turned towards him and he glanced at me then turned away.

"I, uh, I'm a ninja." that surprised me. Plus the fact that he was suddenly being so open with me.

"Oh. Well, hello, ninja. I'm assassin." I held my arm out and he laughed a little and took it, shaking my hand.

"So," he sat back on his hands and I did the same, "anymore questions?" I shook my head and shrugged.

"Tell me about you. Who is Donatello?" I mused, a whisper of a smile dancing across my lips.

"Well, I have three brothers and I'm the second youngest, believe it or not. I'm also the tallest out of all four of us and-" I cut him off.

"That's not what I was asking. I asked who you were, not who your family is." he ducked his head and blushed.

"Well, I'm an inventor." he looked at me sheepishly and I smiled and urged him to continue. For a while, he continued to talk and occasionally told me a story about him or his brothers. He was cute when he smiled. That gap in his teeth, the way his eyes would sparkle, and how excited he got when I showed signs of encouragement.

"I take it people don't really listen to you." he looked at me and I gave him a sad look.

"You were looking at me every few seconds as if to make sure I was still paying attention." he looked down at his hands and swallowed loudly.

"My, uh, brothers. They don't really listen to me. I'm just the brains to them. They only talk to me if they need something done. Stuff like that." he sighed heavily and I furrowed at my eyebrows.

"Hey, Donatello. I have a question."

"And I have an answer." he said bitterly, as if regretting ever becoming smart. "And," he added, "you can call me Donnie. Everyone else does."

Well, I don't wanna be like everyone else." I winked, causing him to blush heavily.

"Oh, and what's your favorite ice-cream flavor?" I wondered, smiling.

"Chocolate." he replied immediately making me smile.

"I'll be back." I whispered, slipping off the roof. Grabbing two ice creams from a nearby vendor, I made my way back to Donatello and handed him a chocolate cone.

"Cheers." I said sarcastically, tipping my own (f/f) ice cream against his.

"To what?" he asked, taking a small lick of his cone. I shrugged.

"Us. Our friendship. The assassin and the ninja." I announced and he chuckled, shaking his head.

"To us." 

And there we sat on the rooftop until the sun came up and there were almost no more shadows to keep us hidden away from each other.

++++++++++

Wow, what a dramatic ending. Anyways, thanks for 11k reads! And, if you've requested before and I haven't done it yet please request again! Thank y'all!

dramatic ending indeed. n e ways thx for 396k reads<3