Epligoue

I could feel the warmth on my face before the light blinded my eyes. The air had an aroma of flowers and springtime. I could feel the grin on my face as I forced my eyes to open.

When they did open I was staring at a vibrant blue sky. I could smell the pines trees and the flowers that surrounded me. I could feel the tall grass against my back and my hands as I stretched out. I blinked a few times before I sat up taking in where I was.

I was in a meadow that had tall grass and every wild flower you could think of. I could see an edge of a forest where the smell of pine needles hit me.

"Ah, child, you are awake, finally," A soft mellow voice drifted towards me. I look over my shoulder and saw a familiar face.

"Shelia Bennett, nice to see you again," I smiled towards her.

"Erikah, I'm glad you kept your promise on keeping Bonnie safe. I read many of Ayanna journals and everything she wrote about you was true.," She responded holding out her hand. I took it and she helped pull me off the ground.

Once I was up off the ground I took a look around again. Something felt off.

"Shelia, where are we?" I asked her. Her smile faltered a bit.

"We are where you want to be, what you created. When you died, your power created this meadow and sun on the other side," She explained carefully. I noticed she was not telling everything. She felt reserved.

"It has been some time since I died, hasn't it?" I finally answered after taking a moment to think.

"Yes, it has. A lot has happened since then as well. The other side faltered and was destroyed but of course the ancestors had plan." Shelia explained.

"How? What plan?" I asked her. The ancestors were know for being sneaky and serving only themselves. Just then a dark shadow came over the hot sun above us. The bright beautiful meadow turned to a shady dark place.

"The ancestors would like to talk to you," Shelia told me as she gestured towards the woods.

I set my shoulders back and held my head high. Can't show any weakness to the ancestors or they will use that to there advantage.

I walked towards the wooded area and came to a stop once I saw them in the darkness standing there.

"Ancestors," I nodded towards them all.

"Oh Erikah, it's been too long." Ayanna voice fluttered from the forest.

"Ayanna, it's good to see you. I didn't realize that you  were an among the ancestor council." I told her. It made sense but every time I talked to the ancestors, her voice didn't stand out.

"Erikah, the ancestors are proud of what you did in your mortal life and we have decided to return you to the mortal world," Ayanna responded completely ignoring anything else I said.

"Thank you, how long has it been since I died?" I asked Ayanna.

"8 years. You were on the other side but we needed to borrow some power to make a new plan for the in between" Ayanna explained.

"So you had to pull me back in order to do so?" I crossed my arms as my irritation grew.

"Erikah, you were able to serve your ancestors and look what you got in return. Your life and freedom," Ayanna exclaimed. There was no point in arguing with her. Ayanna is very stubborn.

"When do I go back?" I asked

"In a few minutes when the full moon reaches it apex in the living world," Ayanna told me as she looked up to the sky.

"Shelia can answer anymore questions. Thank you for you undevoted service, Erikah," Ayanna smiled. With that the shadows grew smaller and smaller until they were gone and it was just me and Shelia.

"8 years, Shelia! That's a long time." I could feel my heart beat fast as how long I actually been died set in.

"A lot has happened since your death" Shelia agreed.

"What about my family? And the Mikaelsons? And Bonnie?" I asked her nearly tripling over my words.

"In Maine, your family is fine. Alex and Jepsy are at the top of the council making sure everything runs smoothly. Trudie is married with a kid on the way. They did well for themselves." Shelia responded as she put her hand in my arm. I could feel her trying to calm me down.

"The Mikaelson's are fine too. Hope is growing into a wonderful person. Klaus is also starting to be a friendlier face. Bonnie is great, her love died so she is traveling the world," Shelia voice came short when she mentioned Bonnie.

"The Gilbert boy died?" I questioned.

"Oh no, she set the Gilbert boy free a long time again Her boyfriend that died was a vampire, a Lorenzo St. John," Shelia explained. That name was familiar.

"St. John...? St. Augustine vampire, that Lorenzo?" I exclaimed as the memory flooded back in. Enzo was a vampire I saved from a fire and I tried to save him from the Augustine experiments but he wanted to go back and get revenge.

"That very one, ah it was nice watching Bonnie fall in love but he died to protect her." Shelia murmured.

"What about those Salvatore brothers?" I asked. Shelia gave me a small smile.

"You mean Damon right?" She responded giving a laugh. Was I so transparent?

"Stefan died as well, to save his friends and families. However, Damon is very much alive and still living in Mystic Falls. It was hard on him, his best friend dying then his brother and then his ex, Elena. The boy has had a rough 8 years without you, Erikah." Shelia continued. As she finish speaking I could feel the pull.

"It's time" I tell her as I could feel the tingles ripple up my body as I started to fade away.

"Live your life, Erikah." Shelia's last words whispered to me. The bright meadow around me faded to darkness as I felt my eyes close. I could feel the change in temperature as the tingles vanished.

I open my eyes to see that I was standing on a porch of an older white house. The porch wrapped around as far as I could see. The birds were singing and it smelt like fresh cooking; this must be Mystic Falls.

"Erikah..?" a voice behind me stuttered. A smile grew on my lips as I recognized the voice.

"Hello, Damon." I told him as I turned to see a very stunned Damon staring at me.