Their Other Half

It's Brooke Lilith!

><><><

"Oh... Oh my," whispered Luigi as he stared breathlessly at Brooke. If he wasn't being held in place, he would've kissed her in a heartbeat. "She's so... wow..."

Mario rolled his eyes. He probably shouldn't since he and Princess Peach were dating, but I'm not Mario. Marchionne teared up as he remembered his niece.

"Little stream?" he said as he blinked away his tears. "Is that you?"

"Uncle March?"

"My little stream! You're okay!"

Brooke hugged her uncle tightly while Marchionne let his tears flow. Even if he couldn't see her, He was so happy to be with his niece even if... nah. I'll save that for later.

"Let them go," she said as she stood. "They found a way in, maybe they can show us a way out."

Their captors uncuffed the three and let them stand. Marchionne properly hugged Brooke while Mario looked around once more. Things were miscolored left and right. Even their clothes.

Luigi was happy to give a face to the voices he was hearing, but he was a little nervous since he had probably heard many voices and to meet them all at once was a little overwhelming for the green lad.

However, he wanted to meet his favorite voice for a while and now was his chance!

Taking a deep breath and putting his best foot forward, Luigi walked to Brooke while Mario watched from afar mentally cheering him on. Luigi knew Brooke was blind, but his heart was still racing when she turned to face him.

"I may not be able to see, but I can still feel your body temperature," she said as she turned to face him. "Your head is becoming warm. Are you ill?"

Luigi took a deep breath before speaking.

"I-I'm Luigi Mario," he said trying to sound brave. Brooke could tell he was nervous as hell. "Y-you've been one of the voices in my h-head for the past year... I-I'm glad I get to meet you, Brooke!"

"The feeling's natural," she said with a smile as she stuck out her hand for Luigi to shake. "If you truly are the Heart of Thunder, then we have a year to get ready before Omen returns to blind the children."

"What?! Why the children!?"

The village went silent. Parents holding their children close. Only those five and under could still see perfectly while everyone at least six years old couldn't see as they used to unless they were born that way.

"It's a part of the curse," said Marchionne as he placed his hand on Luigi's shoulder. "Omen was made to make sure that we can't see the beauty in the world around us since that bitch of a witch didn't see eye to eye with one of our ancestors..."

"Then what the hell did they do to anger her?!" said Mario as he clenched his fists. "If it was just them, then why does the rest of the village have to suffer for generations on end?!"

"That's just it," said one of the villagers. "We don't know who angered her or why. All we know is that those who were born with the Hearts of Thunder and Water can free us..."

"Not... not even a hint as to why this happened?"

The villagers shook their heads no. Only Omen knew the reason, but it's not like the people wanted to talk to him since he took away their eyes sometimes killing their people. Not like he meant to kill their people, excluding Luciano and his wife because they hid Brooke from him once which was a no-no, it's just what happened.

"Mario... We have to help them..."

"But how? This Heart of Thunder was born with thunder powers and you were taught how to use thunder. Not to mention that Brooke has markings and she's the Heart of Water. If you're the Heart of Thunder, then why don't you have markings?"

"Take it from me," said Brooke. "It wasn't until I fell asleep in a little pond that I had found out I was the Heart of Water. Maybe Luigi isn't the Heart of Thunder, but we are happy to see someone from the outside world in our village. The only way to be sure that Luigi is the Heart of Thunder would be if he were to obtain markings."

"I'm sure my brother's the hero you need!" said Mario while patting Luigi's shoulder. "He's saved me and the Mushroom Kingdom a bunch of times! Whatever it is you need, I'm sure he'll be your guy!"

Luigi blushed as he rubbed the back of his neck. Yes, he indeed saved Mario and the kingdom before, but this was different. In a way, the villagers were treating him like he was an angel sent from above. Not to mention that he hadn't received attention like this before and since he and Daisy didn't work out, things were going to be... strange to say the least...

"As I said before, we have only a year to prepare for Omen's arrival," she said as she took Luigi's hand. "We need to see how strong your thunder is so we can finally put an end to the blindness!"

"Wait! Wait!!"

"What? What??"

"What would happen if we can't defeat Omen?"

"We'll keep waiting for our heroes to save us. We've waited lifetimes for the Hearts of Thunder and Water to save us from this curse, what's a few more?"

"You're... you're very patient people..."

"We may not know why, but we do know this curse can be lifted! The bitch witch said so! All we have to do is wait and be prepared when it happens! When Omen is defeated, the curse will be lifted and we will see once more! We'll be free to come and go as we please and see the world and its beauty! I can't wait to see again!"

Luigi sighed as Brooke took him to the forest. Mario was exploring the village while Marchionne settled in with Brooke. He was worried about what Omen could do and what would happen outside of Blind Man's Bluff. What if one day, Bowser were to stumble upon the border with Peach?

><><><

Word Count: 1031