DM: Michelle and Betty

michelle_jones: Ned and Peter are both lying to me, and I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

bettyb: Woah, wait

bettyb: Why do you think they're lying to you?

michelle_jones: I'll tell you if you agree to help me

bettyb: Are you sure they're lying to you? I don't think they would do that unless they had a really good reason. Maybe you should just trust them.

michelle_jones: So you don't believe me

bettyb: I mean, we're talking about Ned and Peter here. What would they even be lying about?

michelle_jones: I know they're lying, Betty. If you agree to help me figure out the truth, then I'll tell you what the lie is.

bettyb: Fine. I'll help you "figure out the truth." If it turns out they weren't lying, let that be a lesson that you need to trust your friends.

michelle_jones: Alright, fine. At least go into this assuming that they're lying. You won't be able to help me if you go in with the assumption that they aren't lying.

bettyb: Okay

michelle_jones: So here's the story

michelle_jones: There was a Decathlon meeting today. Peter walked in, sat down, looked at his phone, and ran out of the room. Ned watched Peter leave, then he sat nervously (fidgeting and whatnot) for two minutes before he ran out too. I DM'ed them individually to ask why they left in such a hurry. Peter's excuse was reasonable, but he was texting as if he was nervous and unsure about the credibility of his excuse. And Ned's reason was a ridiculous and obvious lie.

bettyb: Well, maybe Peter was nervous about something else?

bettyb: And what's your definition of ridiculous? Maybe Ned was telling the truth.

michelle_jones: Don't start that again. You said you would go into this with the assumption that they are indeed lying.

bettyb: Okay, you're right. So assuming that they are lying, how do you want me to help?

michelle_jones: Try to get closer to Ned. I'll try to get closer to Peter. They're more likely to open up to people that they become friends with, right?

bettyb: Yeah...

michelle_jones: What's with the ellipses? You can't hesitate or back out now. You already agreed to help me.

bettyb: Right, of course. I'll help you.

bettyb: I'll get closer to Ned.

michelle_jones: Alright, start as soon as possible. Goodnight Betty.

bettyb: Good night

A/N: And we're back for the new year! I'm sorry for not posting last weekend, which was the actual first weekend of the year. It was a busy weekend for me. Thank you to all those who have commented, voted, added this to your reading lists, and followed me in the past two weeks. I appreciate the support!