8. Candour

"Are you really leaving? Is there no other way we could do this?" Sofia held Rosa in her arms while Megan had folded a few more clothes and compressed them into a black duffel bag. The men were in the living room, allowing them some time to say goodbye.

Megan shook her head in despair. "I know him, Sofia. He knows Rosa is his daughter now. He won't let us leave."

"Is it too late to run away again?" She cooed the restless toddler in her arms, her eyes still fixed on Megan.

She had revealed the whole truth to Sofia. Why she left London, why she left Rome and why she ended up in Phuket... and that her name was Megan, not Meadow. She felt bad for lying but she had wanted to put the past behind her. It was the hardest thing to do but Sofia accepted it.

"I'm not running anymore. Not especially when I have Rosa with me. Things are different now." She sighed and turned to look at Sofia.

"Promise me you will keep in touch and tell me everything. I'm always here for you." Sofia comforted and embraced her warmly, knowing that might be the last time she would see her best friend.

******

The car ride to the airport was quiet. The only sound that filled the car was Rosa talking gibberish. The men stiffened every time Rosa let out a small whimper as if she was about to cry in the car.

"Is she not feeling well?" Xavier asked, giving Rosa a worried glance.

"She's fine. It's her first car ride that's why she's a little unsettled now. I'm worried about the flight later."

Megan crooned as Rosa started to squirm and whinge uncomfortably in her arms. His gaze raked over her. She looked different, in a good way. Even though she lost some weight, Xavier could tell she only lost some baby fats on the cheeks. It seemed that the childbirth did something to her body. Donned in a tight sundress that accentuated her large breasts, her body looked more curvy and voluptuous with smooth sleek lines. Ever since he had tasted the fires that burned in her curvaceous body, no other woman could ever so satisfy him. She was made for him.

Megan cleared her throat, tearing him away from his carnal thoughts as she realised he was checking her out.

"I have already informed them to make sure the flight home is as comfortable as possible for Rosa. The air stewardess will take care of her." Xavier notified.

She felt a surge of protectiveness for Rosa and scowled, "No. You're insane if you think I'm going to leave my child in the hands of a stranger."

He ignored her, not wanting to pursue the matter and turned his gaze to the view outside the window for the rest of their trip to the airport.

"Is that my niece?!" Chiara squealed as she watched a dainty woman holding a little tyke and the three familiar men walking towards them in the boarding bridge. Chiara scampered to them, closing the distance so she could hold her niece.

"Oh my God! She looks just like you, brother!" Chiara gasped as she stared at Rosa in awe but her eyes quickly shifted to Megan who was holding her daughter.

Chiara thought she would despise the woman when she met her, especially when she found out she had hid Xavier's own flesh and blood and tormented her brother. Yet there was no resentment in her now.

The woman in front of her was cadaverous and gaunt. She looked like she hadn't had a proper sleep in months and Chiara's heart ached with pity for her.

When her eyes landed on Rosa once again, she understood why Megan would hide her from Xavier. Rosa was so tiny, small and fragile and Xavier's world was too much for them. A tiny part of her told her that her brother was being selfish now.