|03|

Elik

I'm completely puzzled over the tiny female in my arms. She shudders, even though it's not cold outside, still terrified. She won't let go of me. She's clinging to my clothing, her knuckles turning white.

The tiny thing isn't strong, and she isn't heavy either. I carry her through the woods with long strides. She hasn't made a single sound since we left the awful place she was imprisoned. The other human keeps silent as well, but at least we know that she can speak.

The only thing she's told us is her name. Jane. First Posy, and now Jane? What strange names.

I squeeze the little one in my arms, wondering what she is called, and if she'll ever let me know it.

"She likes you." Tillip comments, walking up beside me from behind. He sways his arms at his side while he walks. I don't miss the fact that he's eyeing my female closely. He's curious. We all are, but I don't like the look he has.

The female won't look up, she has her pretty face pressed into my chest, eyelids closed tight.

I shrug my shoulders, as if it isn't a big deal. The female does like me. She was not happy when I let go of her. She grabbed me and held on tight. I was the only person she wanted.

That appeals to me in a way I can't explain. This little female, this precious creature, she wants me.

It's hard not to relish in it.

"She looks so soft...." Tillip says, reaching one hand out to touch her. As soon as he makes contact with her, she yelps. The human struggles in my arms. It seems like she's trying to climb up my shoulders as sobs rip from her chest.

I step away from Tillip, even as the others turn to stare at the scene. I glare at him.

"Don't touch her." I insist, squeezing my female as I position my body away from him so he can't see her, or try to touch her again.

The tiny thing is trembling in my hold. She clutches at my neck, nuzzling at my shoulder. She trusts me. She knows I'll protect her. I let her calm down, rubbing her back in long motions.

The other human comes closer. Her face is concerned as she studies my female. Jane is making sure that her companion is alright. I'm fine with that. My human does not seem to be afraid of other females.

"Penelope, are you ok?" She asks, even knowing that she will not reply. I look down at her. Penelope? Is that my human's name?

"Penelope?" I wonder, and Jane nods. I look at the human in my arms. What a strange name, but a beautiful one all the same. It suits her. Knotted hair and all.

We continue to stride through the darkness of the forest. Torint assures us that it is safe here. There are no threats in these woods, but I do not trust this strange planet. Especially after finding the treasure that is Penelope. I cannot let anything happen to her.

Eventually we make it back to Posy and Torint's den. He knocks on the door and then stands in the grass so his little mate can see that it is him. He gave her the instructions before we left. He is being careful, after the human males kidnapped Posy he was not taking any chances.

I do not blame him. Females are sacred creatures.

They're bodies soft and warm, their hearts full of love, and they're fierce protective nature of what they hold dear. There are many things we have learned about females back home on our planet. One of those things is that an angry female matches no other beast alive.

I look down at Penelope as I carry her into the den. How is it possible for her to outmatch a beast? It does not seem right that someone so small can be so fierce. Maybe they were mistaken in this, or maybe human females are different.

"Oh my goodness. Bring them inside." Posy insists, biting her lip anxiously as we near the kitchen where a nice smell lingers. It is the warm food that she has prepared for our rescued humans.

She's already filling a few bowls full of the runny food that smells appealing. I consider putting Penelope down so she will eat, but before I can, she grips me harder in protest as if detecting my intentions.

Alright, so I suppose she's not going anywhere. I sit down at the counter top, Penelope content to sit in a ball in my lap. I drag the bowl of soup towards us, lifting the spoon to try to feed her. She looks up at me trustingly, and opens her mouth.

That was easier than I thought it would be.

When I hear whispering, I turn to see the others staring at me, particularly Posy and Jane. They wear worried expressions as they talk. Posy turns to the other human and begins talking fervently. Jane nods reluctantly. Her eyes are wide, her mouth slightly parted.

I assume she's explaining our situation. The simple humans didn't know there was life outside their planet. It must be a shock to them.

Giving a glance at the little female in my lap, I raise an eyebrow when she nestles into me. She does not seem affected by our differences. She has accepted me even though she has no idea where I have come from.

"Penelope, right?" Posh asks softly. My human just burrows deeper into me. She makes eye contact with Torint's mate. Penelope is either shy, or she physically cannot speak.

Either way, I don't want her to feel pressured.

"I'm Posy. These men aren't from earth, but they're here to help. They'll protect us at all costs. You have absolutely nothing to be afraid of." I have to admit, even Posy's voice is comforting to me. The females understand. Well, at least two of them do.

And I know that for whatever reason, Penelope trusts me, and I have to hold on to that.

Sorry this took so long! I will try to write as often as I can

Sorry this took so long! I will try to write as often as I can. Life gets hectic, and I'm getting over the flu right now. Wish me luck.