Chapter 5: Learn To Do It

Harley's PoV:
Sure I had fixed the ends of my platinum blonde hair so that they were more my 'sister's' style, but it was going to take more than that for me to go through with my plan. Or at least for it to work. And I wanted it to work so badly. I still remember when Tiffany had told me of her plan. She had told me and only me. I guess she didn't want Gabriella or anyone else to worry. But, she also didn't want me to have any part in it all, which made no sense to me... and now I couldn't talk to her about it...
But, seeing as how I was the forgotten and probably unheard of twin to the Queen of Auradon, I'm sure I wanted this more than she had wanted her revenge. Even as her best friend I never quite understood what her issue was. Well I guess on one hand I did... and now I understood it more than ever.
I thought about all of this as I paced back and forth in my father and I's underground home. It was basically my home now since he didn't come back here much. I suppose he thought it would be best to get a small apartment across the bridge so that he could make up for lost time with his precious Mal.
Maleficent, the she devil who gave birth to me, still lived over here though. I only knew this because I'd watch her travel back and forth. And I sometimes might stalk her through the streets, she was and is my mother after all. But, I stayed in the shadows, mother or not I wouldn't be the first of us to make a move. Still, she never came to find or see me... It all hurt me so much, the whole damn situation. Or at least it would if I felt pain...
I thought back to earlier and continued to stir over my plan in my mind. Earlier I had met with Gabriella before getting my hair done, since they didn't open till midnight. It was about one in the morning now, I think... Gabriella and I had planned everything. I had told her the whole thing was going down so that we could get revenge for her girlfriend. Did I lie to her? Mayyybeee... but, oh well. I wasn't as close to her anyway.
        No this was all so that my dear sweet TRAITOR of a sister could feel what it was like to be forgotten. No, she hadn't betrayed me, but she had betrayed the Isle. Yes, it had been nice when she brought down the barrier, but that took years! And that was all beside the point. It didn't matter what she had done now. No! All that mattered was that Mal got what she deserved.

Evie's PoV:
I had had the distinct feeling that Mal was pregnant when I had seen her behavior before my wedding and her announcement at dinner had only confirmed those suspicions. I loved being right things and I was absolutely thrilled for her and Ben! Not only would I have another child to spoil, but Daniel would have someone his age to play with now and when they were older.
He would have someone to grow up alongside with, just as me, Mal, Jay and Carlos grew up together. That was the part that excited me the most. On top of that, Audrey was getting married! And while I was happy for her, Mal was my priority, along with my wonderful little family. All in all things seemed to be changing for the better! Jane has even announced how she'd be taking over for her mother as Headmistress at Auradon Prep for the beginning school year.
I had actually managed to get Mal all to myself after dinner, as I noticed something else was on her mind for sure. Well, not so much managed but ensured. I had shooed the rest of the girls away and had Doug talk to Ben about what to expect when your wife was expecting. I was currently holding a sleeping Daniel as I talked to Mal. "You know Mal, I suspected you were pregnant at my wedding. Call it a mother's intuition. So, how does it feel to be carrying the royal heir to the throne of Auradon?" Mal shuffled her feet as she rose and began to pace.
"It's both terrifying and wonderful, all at the same time. I mean, I've always wanted to raise a family. It's something I've always dreamed about. Yet, now that it's actually going to happen, I'm scared, and I guess I always have been. What if I turn out like my mother? What if the kid hates me?" I knew that was a concern, but something else was bothering Mal, I could just tell, that's how our friendship worked.
"Mal, you're gonna be a GREAT mother. I mean look what you did for Daniel and he wasn't even your child! But that's not the only thing that's bothering you is it? Come on, spit it out. I do know happen to know my sister better than she knows herself." I motioned Mal to sit on the bench next to me. But, she remained standing, continuing to pace back and forth. She turned to face me and I saw that there was real, genuine fear in her eyes. Whatever was wrong, was MAJOR. Not much scared or got to her.
"Nothing ever gets past you does it E? Well you are my best friend, my sister so you deserve to know. I have a twin sister, I think..
One that has been hidden from me up till a few days ago..." I was floored, how did none of us know this??? I remained silent for several long moments which caused Mal to continue speaking. "E would you please say something? Your silence is concerning me and that's the last thing I need right now."
"Mal this can't be real. I mean, we lived on the Isle for the majority of our lives, how did we not know this? Surely we would have come across her! Are you sure your parents aren't playing one of their tricks?"
"Supposedly each of my parents got a twin. Maleficent got me, Hades got my twin sister Harley.... I was informed by my parents themselves. They warned me about her. Apparently, us killing Tiffany was bound to have some ripple effects on the other children on the Isle." Tiffany... the baby stealing skank that had nearly ruined the perfect lives we had. And now there was a new threat, right when things were settling back down to normal. When would it ever end?
"Mal, we faced Tiffany and won. No matter what this "sister" of yours tries, we'll beat her. I can guarantee you that. Now, let's focus on the good stuff, and by that I mean baby stuff." This got Mal's attention and for the next several hours, we talked about baby stuff and her child. And yet, the specter of Harley still lingered in my mind. Deal with one problem and another one rises. Such was life I suppose.

*Meanwhile in Arendelle*
Aiden's PoV:
Two conversations with my brother in one week, that was a first. I had initiated the first conversation. He and Mal had returned to Auradon after their honeymoon so I just wanted to check up on him and see how he was doing. That and to see if a royal heir was confirmed yet. I knew Ben didn't really want to talk about it, but as King it was one of the things that was expected of him.
And yet, the very next day, he had called to tell me that Mal was indeed pregnant. I had to laugh at my brother's obliviousness. It was something we Beast's shared, but Ben got the more of it. He had found out from Mal that night at dinner after talking to me. I was truly happy for my brother and sister-in-law. Especially after all they had been through, they deserved some true happiness.
Ben had asked about me and Katherine and I had told him the truth, we were very happy. School was great, I felt alive and I had a beautiful girl with me. We would go for long walks, go to bookstores or just sit around and watch movies all day. That was the kind of wonderful relationship we had. And yet, I felt restless. I was the older brother and here I was not even engaged yet while my younger brother was married and having a kid already. I really needed to step up my game.
On this day, myself and Katherine were studying for upcoming exams when a letter bearing the royal seal was delivered to her. She rarely got letters, so this must have been important. I put my books down as she opened the letter. "Everything okay sweetheart?" She read the letter for several minutes before putting it back down.
"No, not exactly dear. Mother, father, Aunt Elsa and Uncle Jack are going north to somewhere called the Enchanted Forest. Apparently, it's "calling" her and they have to go and figure out what is wrong." Well, that didn't sound vague and concerning whatsoever. I was definitely concerned. First Auradon has an issue and now the ruling family of Arendelle had gone north to deal with some vague, magical threat.
"Kat, is there anything else? Like who's ruling, when they'll be back, what they're dealing with? Anything of that sort?"
"None whatsoever Aiden. Mother was vague and I think it was on purpose. The less I know, the less concerned she thinks I'll be. Well, she's wrong in that aspect. Although I agree with you, this isn't great. But we just have to trust their judgement and hope that things turn out for the best." I pulled Katherine close to me and kissed her.
       I could sense that she was anxious and I couldn't blame her. There was a chance she was about to lose several family members. But no matter what happened, I would be here for her.
"Everything will be fine sweetheart. Your parents stopped an eternal winter, stopped a homicidal prince and have dealt with magical powers. Your parents and family are fantastic. They can handle whatever comes their way." I wanted to believe that everything would work out, but considering everything that had recently happened, I didn't know what to think.
        All I knew was that I officially knew what I wanted out of life. I just had to make my desires come to fruition. I had to make Katherine mine forever. I mean I knew that I wanted her to be my wife... but I didn't know how to do it... I guess it was my turn to ask my little brother's advice. But, this wasn't a phone call conversation. I needed to go to Auradon.

*On the Isle*
*time skip...3 days*
Harley's PoV:
For three long and dreadful days I had been watching my sister. Using my own magic I had been watching Mal's every move, learning her routine of each day. I had stayed hidden down in my underground home. There was so much to learn for how to be her. But, if I was going to pull this off I had to learn to do it all as she did.
       For the most part her life was very routineish and very boring. Like she was living the life of a drone almost. It would be very easy to mimic. Other than the whole carrying a child thing. That had been the easiest thing to pick up on. But, it would also be the hardest thing to mimic...
But, if Mal could learn how to be Queen and pull all this off then surely it wasn't too hard. And I could easily learn to do it as well. As they say, one simply learns by doing, and that's exactly what I would do.
That last thought made up my mind. I was done waiting. Tonight would be the night I kidnapped my sister...