Chapter 21: Well That's Not I Was Expecting... Not At All

Ben's PoV:
I took my seat in the front pew next between my mother and Harley. The bitch still didn't know that I knew that she wasn't my wife. But, I continued to put up with the charade that I seemed to be playing pretty well. I have to admit that I was getting pretty good at this whole thing, not that I liked it one bit. I missed my Mal.
Feeling quite uncomfortable I adjusted myself in my seat as my brother walked up the aisle. He gave my parents and I a nervous smile. I returned such with a encouraging smile and two thumbs up. I knew Aiden was a nervous person in general. But, I also knew how much he loved Katherine. He could do this. I had faith in him. Plus, we Beast men were not ones to back down from anything.
       After my brother, Queen Anna walked down the aisle. She would be officiating the ceremony. My mother of course looked stunning in her bright yellow floral dress, but the Queen of Arendelle glowed in a rose gold long sleeve gown. Damn I had spent way to much time with Evie and Audrey lately... Next down the aisle was the reindeer with the talking snowman on it's back. I was assuming they had the rings. Mostly because the talking snowman was singing about rings.
And then the wedding march started. I should probably get really used to hearing this considering all of the weddings we would have coming up. We all stood to watch my future sister-in-law walk down the aisle. She glided down the aisle with King Kristoff on her arm. Thank god my brother would one day be King, that title really didn't suit the man. Though he was a good man... Lucky Aiden getting the nice in laws. Though I didn't mind mine, not with how much I loved my purple dragon.
       As we turned to watch her near the alter I caught a glimpse of Aiden's ex out of the corner of my eye. Raelyn Corona... She stood in the front pew on the other side next to Elliot Frost. He stood next to his mother, Queen Elsa, who stood beside King Frost and then there was a spot for Kristoff. I focused on her though as we all sat. She wore a wicked glare, one I had become familiar with since growing close to those from the Isle.
As if I wasn't uncomfortable enough before, I most certainly was now. I tried to shake off the unsettling vibe I got from her. I re adjusted myself on the wooden pew as my brother took Katherine's hands in his. Queen Anna began to speak but I could only focus on the very evident love between Aiden and Katherine. It was the same love I shared with Mal and it made me miss her so much more than I already did.
I sat patiently and listened as Katherine repeated after her mother, stating all of the traditional vows perfectly. When she turned to my brother and began he stopped her. "Your majesty, I actually have my own words for your lovely daughter." My jaw dropped, as did Katherine's. Queen Anna smiled at my brother and nodded for him to continue.
       "Katherine Avery Rock. When I first met you I was in a rough place and going through a hard time." I glanced over at Raelyn who had the worse death look spread across her once smug face. I then turned back to my brother and his bride with a smirk on my face. "But, since the moment you first knocked me off my feet, literally. You have been nothing short of the sun. A bright star guiding me out of the darkness and into an infinite universe full of love and joy. Never before did I want to be a King or to rule a Kingdom. But, with you I feel like I can do it and for you I will do it, no. I want to do it. With you my bright, warm, and loving light I know that I can do anything."
        I swear I had never heard my brother speak in such a way. I was astounded. I was also very sure that there wasn't a single dry eye in the royal church. To say it was beautiful would be an understatement. It was also right then that I tuned out of everything. Sure I watched the rings being exchanged and their first kiss and blah blah blah. But, all I could think about was Mal. I didn't care that we hadn't received any word or news from Uma or Hades. I needed her, NO! I wanted her her back in my life.
       As much as I needed air, I needed to feel her presence next to me. Mindlessly I flowed with the crowd to head to the reception. All that was on my mind was getting the hell out of this frozen place and find my girl!

Elliot's PoV:
       I had to give it to my former roommate, he sure could speak eloquently when he wanted to. His own personal vows were still ringing in my ears as I escorted Raeyln to the reception. She had hated every second of the wedding, that much was clearly obvious. The fact that Aiden had given up being king while dating her, only to turn around and accept being king with Katherine clearly irked her. She had been silent ever since we had entered the church to watch the ceremony.
I could understand her discomfort. After all, she was watching her ex boyfriend get married. Talk about an awkward situation. But even then, she had been unusually quiet. She hadn't spoken, smiled, none of that. My wonderful girl had just been wearing either a death glare or the look of someone plotting the destruction of the entire wedding party. That was very much unlike her mother, so I suspected that side of her came from her father, the ex thief once known as Flynn Rider.
As we made our way to the reception and took our seats, I tried to lighten the mood just a tad for Raelyn. "Listen, I know it's been awkward but it's almost over. Soon, Katherine and Aiden are going to leave for their honeymoon and you won't have to see them for a while. And who knows, maybe we will have our own wedding one day." I ran my free hand down her cheek. I was confident in my words, but clearly, Raelyn's mood hadn't improved.
        I didn't know what else to do, besides just not attending the reception. But I knew that was not a possibility. My mother and father would kill me, my aunt would kill me and my cousin would kill me. So, my darling girlfriend was going to have to grin and bear it.
            We had barely taken our seats when Aiden and Katherine made their way into the reception chamber. I had to give it to them, they did make a pretty good couple. My mother decided to put her own flare on the entrance as she caused a light snowfall to appear the moment the happy couple entered the room. Leave it to her to go above and beyond.
             Aiden and Katherine made their way to the front of the hall, stopping along the way to greet the assorted family members of both sides. Despite the animosity between Raelyn and Aiden, I still liked Aiden. I gave him a firm handshake, while Raelyn hardly looked at them. They stopped at Aiden's family and Katherine was welcomed warmly. Likewise, Aiden was welcomed by Anna, Kristoff and my parents. Olaf could hardly contain his excitement as he kept running around the hall, crying the whole time. Could snowmen even cry? I wasn't sure, but when it came to Olaf, anything was possible.
              The hall was filled with people both from Arendelle and Auradon and it was becoming apparent that people were ready for everything to actually begin. And like a blur, everything kicked off. The toasts, the mother and groom dance, the father and bride dance, the happy couple's first dance, all of this was normal and expected.
         The love that Katherine and Aiden showed for each other was evident and honestly, Katherine was a MUCH better fit for my former roommate than Raelyn ever had been. Raelyn's darker side never would have fit with him, but she definitely fit with me. And yet, Raelyn still didn't seem to be enjoying herself. She had a glass of wine in her hand and had this devious look on her face. I didn't know what was up with her, but I was semi-nervous.
              Around an hour or so into the reception, I left Raelyn's aide and went to stand with my parents. They were conversing with Aiden's parents, which was odd to see. Considering my parents lived in the Enchanted Forest, it was strange to see them interacting with someone that wasn't in the family. But, they were getting along quite nicely with Belle and Adam, so I guess I couldn't or shouldn't question things.
              Everyone's attention was swiftly drawn to Raelyn however, who was currently standing in the middle of the room. She had somehow procured a microphone and was wearing a smirk that I knew all too well. Whatever she had planned, things were about to get interesting indeed. And then she started speaking
              "Well, this is all disgustingly wonderful. Everyone is so happy, my ex gets his happily ever after and a crown. It sure would have been nice if he had wanted that crown when he was with me, but I digress. I figured I would supplement this happy occasion with my own happy news, seeing as how a wedding is always the perfect time for announcements." She looked Aiden and Katherin dead in the eyes with a wicked smile on her face. "I am very happy and excited to announce that I am pregnant."
             I felt my stomach drop to the floor. The room went dead quiet, you could hear a literal pin drop in the aftermath of this bombshell. Katherine's face contorted into a look of pure anger and hurt, Anna and Kristoff were shocked and Aiden looked to be the most hurt. I tried to comprehend the gravity of my current situation when my mother pulled me from my thoughts. She was not happy, not one bit.
        " What an absolute bitch, announcing a pregnancy at a wedding, could she stoop any lower? Well Elliot, what do you have to say for yourself? Her reputation certainly has preceeded her. Are you sure it's even yours?" It was a valid question. Raelyn had the reputation of sleeping around, so my mind instantly went there. Is it mine? It has to be mine right? We've been a pretty passionate couple already. But, she does have a bit of a reputation... She left Aiden because she saw my handsome face, could she have left again? No, no it is definitely mine, no questions asked.
            "Mom, I swear, I had no idea this was coming. I'm positive that it is mine, but I'm not responsible for the announcement. I had no clue she was planning it." Raelyn just sauntered back to my side, smiling for the first time this whole evening. At least it was a genuine smile. My mother and father didn't even acknowledge her presence. Kristoff was currently trying to hold back Anna, whose eyes blazed with fury. Katherine was standing by her mother's side, looking very much like her mother. Aiden gave her a kiss on the cheek and silently walked out of the room onto the terrace. I turned to face Raelyn.
             "First off, what the hell? Second off, is it mine?" Raelyn smiled and gave me a kiss on the lips.
             "My dear Elliot, of course it's yours. As for the timing, I figured it was appropriate. Aiden and Katherine don't deserve to have the spotlight on themselves, even on this day." Leave to Raelyn to want the spotlight. I wrapped my arms around her and thought of everything that suddenly unfolded in a very short period of time. I was going to be a dad. I would raise the child alongside the woman I loved. Things were coming together, even if mother DEFINITELY didn't approve. I just hoped I wasn't getting my happiness at the expense of others...