Something New

Something New (Chapter 2)

*Disclaimer: I do not own any Victorious Characters*

(The Next Day at Hollywood Arts)

During the busy morning, Andre gave Tori a ride to school, because Her Mother had to rush to work and Trina was sick with the flu. So, Tori had to deal with Andre's crazy grandma, throughout the whole Car ride... but they ultimately survived.

"Hey Andre, I really appreciate the ride," Tori thanked him with a warm

"Oh yeah, by the way, you owe me 5 bucks," he demanded as he pulled away from the affectionate hug.

"Oh, sorry...I don't have any money, I got you tomorrow!" She responded quietly.

"I was kidding Tori, I would do anything for a friend, especially you!" He sweetly added. This brought a smile to her face and brought Rosy cheeks to her face. Her feelings for Andre have blossomed to much more than friends, heck even more than BEST FRIENDS. There was no other guy that she would be around and feel comfortable spilling anything that occurred in her life other than him. It's that laid-back personality he has, it creates this comfortable atmosphere in every situation.

They headed towards the other friends, Jade, Beck, Cat, and Robbie. Lane, their Guidance Counselor, had announced the First Dance of the Year which was Super Hero themed which was next Friday. This got almost every student excited for this dance and focused on getting a date and superhero costumes. They were discussing the first Dance of the year, "the SuperHero Dance."

"Guys, I want to dress as Spider-Man for the dance, what are the rest of you all dressing up as?" Robbie asks the rest. "Hmm...Captain America" Beck adds.

"The funny thing is that the Canadian boy picked Captain America" Andre teased him by nudging him with his elbow.

"I'm Black Widow," Jade called dibs on that character.

"But I wanna be Black Widow!" Cat argued with her squeaky voice.

"Why? Is it because she has red hair?" Jade sharply replies.

"No..." Cat quietly replied while slowly lowering her head in disappointment.

Just then, Lane approaches the whole group. "Hey guys, I want to discuss who's performing at the dance. Since it is a new school year, I want new performers....so apologies to Tori and Andre, but you will not be performing every dance." The usual two performers were absolutely shocked by this news.

"Wh-what!! What's wrong with us?!" They both exclaimed. They believed that they did something catastrophically wrong, which led to them being booted out.

"Nothing is wrong with y'all, you are both talented artists, but there are more than two talented singers at this school. So that's why I've chosen two new performers, Cat and Jade!" Lane excitedly announced.

Once he announced it, Cat and Jade's eyes darted at each other with great excitement.

"YAY Jadey!" Cat comes to give her a warm hug, but Jade quickly rejects.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" She thunderously snapped. But, in her head, she was absolutely thrilled that she could perform for once and it is a great opportunity for her.

"Sorry, I'm just really excited, I haven't performed at a Dance before!" Cat proclaims.

"Um, you performed with me at the PROME, remember?" Tori recalls.

"OH YEAH, I remember now, that was fun hehe" Cat finally remembered. She remembered that Tori took most of the spotlight during that performance and most of the performances at the school. This led Cat to be slightly jealous, which is odd because Cat was the nicest girl at school. 'Holy Chiz! I also got to get a date, hopefully, Robbie asks me hopefully?' she thought.

(Boy's Restroom)

Meanwhile, Robbie headed to the men's restroom to take a 'Wiz.' While he was washing his hands, he daydreamed about the dance, who should he ask out.

'Should I go with Gabriela, she's really beautiful and sweet, but Cat is one of the cutest girls ever! She's straight-up AMAZING! But she always rejects me, ALWAYS! Then when I kissed her at CoWoW, she ran AWAY like who does that to a guy they like. I don't feel like the feelings are mutual... plus she probably likes somebody else.' he pondered.

Just then, Beck came up from behind him and quietly tapped Robbie on the shoulder to get his attention.

"Hey Rob, you good?" Beck was confused.

"Oh Hey Beck! Oh, I'm fine, why'd you ask?"

"Well, you just stood in front of the sink with zero movements...it was like you were frozen," he joked.

"Oh...I'm just in deep thought about something right now" Robbie assured him.

"So what are you in 'Deep Thought' about?" Beck used air quotes to mock Robbie.

"Um well, I have this situation, with finding a date for the dance... " Robbie describes.

"So, you need help getting a date?" Beck questions with a confused look on his face.

"Not really, I already narrowed it down to two girls."

"WHO?" Beck asked with a smile.

"Cat and Gabriela...." He unintentionally, loudly whispered to Beck. He motions for Robbie to be quiet because everyone in the restroom can hear him. He brings Robbie out of the restroom to talk more about his situation.

"Well that should be an easy choice for you Rob," Beck mentioned.

"What do you mean?" Robbie didn't know what he meant.

"You've liked Cat forever now, so logically it makes sense to pick her," he reasons with Robbie.

"True, but the thing is, she REJECTED EVERY TIME! One time I even got to kiss her," Robbie recounts of the event.

"wait you kissed Cat?" Beck interrupts Robbie's story.

"Yeah I kissed her, and what does she do... RUNAWAY ON HER BIKE!" Robbie loudly explains.

Beck's eyes were large, and he could tell that Robbie was extremely tense, so he decided to massage his back.

"That's rough Rob, but don't give up, if you want her, go get her.....and if she says YES, great you got your dream date, but if she rejects you.... again, you can finally MOVE ON FROM HER! Just be honest with her," Beck shook him back into reality.

Robbie finally calmed down and realizes that Beck was right.

"You're right! I like Cat a lot, but there are so many other beautiful girls at this school...I shouldn't be focused on getting one girl! Thank you, Beck," Robbie thanked him with a pat on his back.

"No problem! Good luck on asking Cat out, there's this weird connection between you two," he encouraged Robbie, which led him to smile. He patted Robbie on the back as they headed to their first-period class to meet their other friends.

Author's Message: Hello readers! I hope you liked this chapter. Please leave any thoughts down below, it really helps. To recap, the main theme of this chapter is Something New, hence the chapter's name. Cat and Jade are the ones who are performing at the dance. Meanwhile, Robbie has a different mindset on being focused on one girl. Andre and Tori's relationship begins to develop and that's all. Thanks for reading :-)