Commitment

Commitment (Chapter 5)

*Disclaimer: I do not own any Victorious Characters*

During that Monday Morning, Jade spent the night at Beck's place since she was a bit too tired to drive in the night. Her father and step-mother were out on business while her brother lived with her mother, and would occasionally come to visit, but that was rare. Plus, she was never close to her immediate family, so she never cared if they were gone or not. So, sometimes she'd have the house all to herself. Although she liked the thought of being alone, she'd rather be with her boyfriend than anyone else. It was like they were married. Beck and Jade bickered like a married couple, and they slept like a married couple. Jade even has a pair of clothes, a toothbrush, and a hairbrush, all at his place, just in case she would stay the night, which was daily.

Even after the breakup nearly months ago, she still had stuff left in his RV because well, she never really moved on from him. Neither did Beck, who didn't want to get rid of her stuff, because he couldn't move on. So that's why it was hard seeing each other at school, at times being in the same room with each other. They were an absolute mess, an awkward, sad, depressing mess. Sure, Jade was a challenge to handle, but Beck loved her the way she was, no matter how challenging it was for him. Nevertheless, they were back together and happier than ever. Even the usually grouchy Jade had a smile on her face as she slept

Once it hit 6 o'clock, a loud sound blasted out of his alarm clock as Beck's eyes sprung up. He was exasperated. He had to work on a chemistry project with Andre that was due the next day, until '2:00 am.' He didn't want to get up, he wanted to be with Jade, who had her arms wrapped around his waist as her head lay on his shirtless chest. Beck wants to chill the rest of the day, but he couldn't do that, he loves that school.

Either way, he couldn't get out of Jade's embrace, due to her firm grip. He rolls his eyes at the realization of how strong she was, "Hey, I need to go restroom sorta right now, so can you let go, please." He kissed her on her hair to get her attention.

She reluctantly does, and Beck quickly sprinted into the restroom because he was holding it in for a long time, which was an uncomfortable experience.

A few minutes later, Jade woke up to the smell of crispy waffles and eggs wafting in the RV.

'What's Beck making, it smelled like waffles.' She looks up to see Beck prepare a meal of Eggs and Waffles, with the addition of syrup. He brings her a crispy breakfast to her side.

"Good Morning," he softly pecks at her on her lips. He hands her a spoon and a fork so that she can eat.

"Beck, what is this? You made breakfast!" she was surprised by this romantic gesture.

"Mhmm.." he put his hand on her cheek, which caused her to smile.

"Why breakfast? You never make me breakfast. You also missed the bacon," Jade pointed out.

"Well, I need to tell you something extremely IMPORTANT?! So I first need to get you in a good mood," Beck suddenly expresses.

"What is it, BECK?!" She didn't know what he was talking about. 'Was it that important?!' she thought.

Then, there was a sudden silence, which left a confused Jade extremely annoyed. "Beck, what is it?!" She impatiently waited for a response. He remained silent.

He sits right up next to her and grabs her hand, "Since everyone else is doing it, why don't I, Jade West, do you want to be my date to the dance?"

Jade was now incredibly lost; she thought it was EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

"Beck, I thought it was important...."

"This is important, now I need an answer," He kissed her hand.

"Yes, Of course, I'll go to the dance with you."

Beck was pleased to hear that, but Jade was still confused.

"Also, why would you need to ask me this?" she adds.

"Cuz, I'm a hopeless romantic!" He smiles at her while he gave her a noogie on her head.

"BECK! Don't do that; I'm Supposed to do that to you!" She said coldly.

"Does it sound crucial," he started to laugh.

"Yeah, it sounded like you wanted to break up with me...."

His expression changes dramatically from what he just heard. There was a sudden silence to the whole conversation.

"Break up with yo -- where do you get that idea, Jade, you know I love you so, so much... not a single day goes by without the thought of marrying you!" He romantically expresses himself.

"Y-you mean t-that," Jade's voice cracks. They never discussed marriage throughout their three years together. The subject was never brought up, which was weird.

He nods and gives her an affectionate hug of hope, that one day, they will be married and have a family. He gets up from the bed, "I gotta take a shower, you finish your breakfast, there's syrup in the fridge if you like."

She looks up at her boyfriend, "Beck, I love you."

"I know," he gave her a warm smile, and quickly dashes over to passionately kiss her on soft lips.

As things were going to escalate, they pulled away, knowing they had to get ready for school. Jade was never an emotional type. She never liked to open up about her problems with her family or her home life. She was not an 'open book,' but she felt most comfortable telling Beck about these problems because he listens. He understands her in a way no one else would, which she appreciated.

There were times when the arguments between the two were endless, and it frustrated both of them because they loved each other dearly, but they didn't want to insult each other to make a point continually. But there were moments of joy and happiness between them, and that's what they could cherish and would forever cherish.

Author's Message: ONE WHOLE CHAPTER OF BADE! I know, this was one of the more straightforward chapters to write, because I loved and understood their dynamic on the show. My apologies for the lack of T'Andre in the last few chapters, I will get back to them. But in the meantime, let me know how you feel about this one!! Thanks.