|51|

Let's begin the new year with a little drabble, shall we? Happy new year guys!!!

Annika groggily dragged her feet towards the bed after a much needed shower. She had pulled an 'all night' the day before for her exams and it was catching up, literally chewing her brains.

She dropped herself on the bed with a long sigh and felt the betrayal from her mind. Sleep was nowhere close now that she was on bed. She missed her home. She missed her parents. She missed him, the most though. She promised him to bring in this new year together, unfortunately, she was stuck with her finals and he was halfway across the world. Sighing at her bad luck, she pulled the comforter up to her face only to have it dragged down again.

Annika got up startled and saw him, the love of her life, all smiles and "surprise!"

"Shivaay!" She shrieked and jumped on him, pulling him into a warm tight hug.

"Let's bring in New Year together, okay?" He whispered against her head, after a while, but received no response. He shifted her a bit, only to realize that she had dozed off.

"Aww baby!" Shivaay chuckled as he lifted her in his arms and laid her on the bed.

"As long as we are with each other, regardless of what we do, we will bring in the new year together!" He whispered against her hairline and puckered on it.

As the whole wide country was bringing in new year in all sorts of way, the lovebirds just snuggled against each other, knowing that it's going to be a very happy new year ahead.