New Year's OneShot

(Y/N)- Your Name
(C)-Choice (Of love interest)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

     Like every year, the Fairy Tail guild loves to throw a huge party with every guild for the New Year. And like every year, the party is bigger and louder. Don't forget that everyone (who is legally able to) is drinking their asses off. Though I am the only one who is not drinking inside the guild. I'm enjoying the view of the night sky by the water. The wind blows the falling snow around in the air. My jacket keeps me warm along with my scarf as I sit in this lovely weather. The music from the guild echos softy from where I am so the atmosphere is peaceful. I don't know how long I've been sitting here for, but I don't care. I could stay out here all night and I would be fine.
     As I sit here in my thoughts, sounds of footsteps crunching the snow become clearer as the get closer. I lift my head up and look over to the direction I hear them come from. Walking in my direction is (C). Her hair flows in the wind softly as if she was doing a photoshoot. The snow dances around her and illuminates her skin, making it shine as if she just descended from heaven itself. Her eyes are like gems in the dark night. Pretty much what I'm trying to say is that she looks perfect, beautiful, the whole nine-yards. I smile a soft smile in her direction and wave slightly. She smiles back a million-dollar smile and continues to walk towards me.

     "Hey," I greet.

     "Hi. What are you doing outside all by yourself?" she asks.

     "I'm just here, enjoying the weather and the calm atmosphere. What about you? Shouldn't you be inside with everyone else?"

     "I could say the same for you. I noticed that you weren't inside so I came to look for you."

     "I just need a break from the drinking and loud noises."

     "I see........Do you mind if I sit next to you?"

     My heart skips a beat and my cheeks gain a light shade of pink. "Be my guest."

     She takes a seat next to me. From there, we start a conversation. At some point, I made a small fire to keep us warm. We continue to enjoy each other's company until the peaceful atmosphere was ruined by the loud shouts coming from the guild and town. They echo strongly through the air, informing both (C) and I that the countdown has begun.

     "TEN!" Both (C) and I stare into each other's eyes.

     "NINE!" I don't know what caused this to happen, but we both slowly started to lean in.

     "EIGHT!"

     "SEVEN!"

     "SIX!" We were halfway from each other's faces.

     "FIVE!"

     "FOUR!"

     "THREE!!" I lift my dominant hand to her cheek. She breathes out softly.

     "TWO!" She leans in a bit more and closes her eyes.

     "ONE!" I close my eyes and close the gap between us.

     "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Our lips move in sync and the fireworks take blast. We continue to kiss for a few more seconds. When we separate, I lean my forehead against her's. Her face seems flushed and her eyes are half-lidded. A smile sets on my face and I kiss her forehead.

     "Happy New Year."

     "Happy New Year."

HAPPY NEW YEAR! MAY 2020 BE A GOOD YEAR TOWARDS YOU!

Sorry for the late post, but better late then never.