Chapter 3

-the next day-

The moment my eyes layed onto Anthony in class, emotions started bubbling up inside me. Anger. Confusuion. Curiousity. Happiness. Sadness. I felt like a girl on her period, emotions coming in and out with each breath. Anthony noticed me staring at him and waved slightly.

Great job Ian. Scare him away before you even talk to him.

I mentally facepalmed myself and began writing down some stuff the teacher was saying. My mind suddenly zoned out on everything, and for once I was fine with it. I was confused about Anthony. Who could he like? Why couldn't he tell me? Why doesn't he like Nate if they did things to each other? Images began flashing through my mind. Anthony on Nate. Urgh. Anthony and I talking. Anthony... Anthony... Anthony...

"Ian!" The teacher shouted, snapping me out of my daydream.

"Yes... Mr. Funke?"

"Will you come up here and write the answer to this question?"

Nervousness was now the only emotion running through my veins.

"S-sure..."

I awkwardly slid out of my desk and walked up to the board. Since Anthony sat a few seats ahead of me, he lightly tapped my back in encouragement I assume. Mr. Funke handed me the red marker, and I took it with embarrasment. Not only I didn't know the answer, I didn't even remember the class I'm in.

"Go ahead Mr. Hecox..." I nervously stepped up to the whiteboard and paused in confusion.

'2b x 6 = 36 b=?' This was supposed to be simple! Grade 9 Math! But my brain was caught up on Anthony and his looks, as well as the pressure from Mr. Funke.

"Three..." A familiar voice whispered behind me.

"Three..."

I reluctantly wrote down: 'b=3 2 x 3 = 6, 6 x 6 = 36' "Thank you Mr. Hecox...," I swallowed in surprise.

"Try looking more interested next time..." I proudly walked back to my desk and found a little folded up paper lying on my desk. I sat down and opened the little present up. 'You owe me ;) - Anthony' I smiled in response and sat back awaiting for the class to end.

~~

"Well Mr. Hecox, try looking more interested next time..." Anthony burst out laughing at my terrible impression of Mr. Funke.

"That old man sure seemed surprised you got it right..." Anthony winked and shoved me slightly. I awkwardly giggled in response.

"So what do I need to do to owe you?" Anthony sighed, a big smile on his face.

"For now? Nothing. But I'm demanding we hang out right now." I grinned in curiosity. "So you're saying I still owe you?" He smiled back and nodded.

"Alright... let's go then." I closed my locker and began walking towards the doors, with Anthony following close behind.

-a little later-

Anthony and I walked for a little while talking about random crap as usual. ''I miss this.'' Anthony paused and looked at me ''Missed what?'' I stopped walking and looked at him. ''This, us just hanging out together. Like middle school.''

Anthony looked down at his shoes, ''I do too.'' There was silence for a moment; not awkward, but a comfortable silence. 

''Ian..There is something... uh-" Anthony quickly got cut off by some speeding person who almsot ran them over.

"Holy-!" Anthony quickly cut him off by giggling quite loudly.

After Anthony's giggling fit was over, all that remained was now an awkward silence.

"Well... let's head to my place then!" I grinned and slowly began walking down my street.

~

"Welcome... to my crazy house." I murmured before opening the door to my home. Anthony happily walked through and began glancing around the room.

"Mom! I'm home!" I shouted, not wanting to go hunting around the house for her.

"Hi honey!" she emerged out of the kitchen, with a surprised face.

"Who's this?" she smiled nicely, wanting me to introduce him.

"Anthony. Mom, this is Anthony." I smiled. "We'll be upstairs if you need me."

I began bloting up the stairs, Anthony following closely behind.

"Your mom is nice." Anthony grinned, waiting for me to open my bedroom door.

"I wasn't expecting for anyone to come over anytime soon." Anthony giggled and stepped over some dirty clothes.

"Dude, it's okay. My room looks the same." Anthony threw his backpack on the floor, and flopped down onto my bed.

"Well then... make yourself at home!" I grinned and flopped down beside him.

"Sick room..." he said glancing at my walls and ceiling, both holding some posters of my favorite bands and video games.

"Thanks."

Well that conversation died out. Make another one.

"So um... what do you want to do?" I smiled slightly and rubbed my eyes.

"Whatever. I'm just happy to be hanging out with you again..." I grinned and sat up.

 "Wanna play some... video games?" Anthony sat up and smiled.

"You read my mind."

~

"Augh. You dickstick!" I shouted at the TV, resulting in a huge fit of giggled from Anthony.

"Dude just... calm DOWN!" He yelled and killed my character.

"You asshole!" I yelled and laughed afterwards.

"Another round?" I asked, grinning widely.

"Fine..."

"So uh... this is eating me alive. Why don't you like Nate? I mean you two... did stuf..." I scrunched my nose in disgust. Anthony grinned and began shooting enemies.

"I told you... I like someone else." I paused.

"But can't you tell me?" Anthony sighed.

"No I can't..."

"But why? It's bugging me that you aren't telling me!" I slightly raised my voice. A soft knock came from the door.

"You guys want some snacks?" My mom interrupted, opening the door slightly.

"Not right now Mom... we'll have some later."

"Ookay!" she walked out and left us on this mini-arguement.

"I just can't tell you." Anthony mumbled.

"Why not? I mean you trust me don't you?" my voice began getting louder.

"You know why? Because it's you!" Anthony shouted back, a hard look on his face, suddenly followed by embarrasement and regret.

"You-you like me?"

-end- (was this okay? c:)