V.

CHAPTER FIVE
[ the memories ]

      We all left the woods, knowing it was time to go our separate ways

      We all left the woods, knowing it was time to go our separate ways. I couldn't help but be scared having to be on my own to remember but, I didn't want the others to know how I felt. I didn't want to seem weak.

"Everyone know where they're headed?" Mike asked. We all nodded. The plan was that once we remembered, we'd meet Mike at the library that night. We headed off in our different directions.

I went to the first place I remembered spending a lot of time in Derry. The movie theater. From the look outside of it, it doesn't look like it's been updated since 1989.

"You here to see a movie?" The girl sitting in the window asked, noticing me staring at the theater.

"Sure" was my answer.

"Do you have a specific movie in mind?" It was clear that this girl didn't want to be here. She sat there with a look that showed she was bored out of her mind, as she loudly smacked the gum in her mouth.

I got out my wallet and slid her a ten dollar bill. "Surprise me" She rolled her eyes as she gave me a ticket. I thanked her and then walked inside. That's when the memory happened.

"Kate" I heard. I recognized the voice right away. It was Bill.

"Bill?" I asked.

"Kate"

I heard again. I followed the voice. It was coming from the screening room.

"Kate, help me!"

The theater was only lit by the screen. Previews began to start as I walked in.

"Kate" Bill's voice sounded weak. As I walked towards the front of the room, I saw Bill lying helplessly on the floor, covered in blood.

"Bill!" I yelled, rushing to his side. "What happened?"

"I-it got me" he said breathing heavily. "T-the clown. He attacked me while I was looking for you."

"Okay, I'm going to go get some help" I said, starting to feel woozy while looking at all the blood. "Just try to keep pressure on the wound or something like that"

I stood up fast. Before I could take a step, Bill grabbed my ankle.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You can't leave me, Kate" he cried.

"I'll be right back. You need a doctor." I said, trying to free my ankle from Bill's grip. It was to no prevail. "Bill, let go!"

The screen started to play a video of thousands of spiders crawling all over a deserted room. They covered almost every inch of the room. It made my skin crawl just to look at it.