XVI.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
[ the epilogue ]

     "Kate, are you ready?" My father asked as I stood there staring at my reflection in the mirror

"Kate, are you ready?" My father asked as I stood there staring at my reflection in the mirror. The day was finally here. I am about to marry the love of my life.

"Yes" I smiled from ear to ear. There weren't enough words to explain what I was feeling in this very moment. I was overcome with happiness and excitement mixed in with some nerves. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with Bill Denbrough. Something I've dreamt about for so long is finally becoming a reality.

Our wedding was outside. My dad and I stood in the barn where the reception would be held. We stood in front of the doors that led outside to where everyone else was gathered.

The instrumental version of "I see the light" from Tangled began to play. The barn doors opened as everyone outside rose to their feet. I took my fathers arm and he led me down the isle.

I kept my eyes on Bill, whose smile was as big as mine. He was teary eyed which of course caused my own eyes to water.

I loved him. I really, truly and completely love him.

"Who gives this woman away?" Richie asked once we were standing in front of the altar.

"Her mother and I." My father answered, chocking back tears. He gave me a hug and whispered in my ear. "I'm so proud of you."

As my father went to go sit with my mother, I walked up to the altar, joining hands with Bill.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today, in the presence of God, to witness the joining together of Katelyn and William in the holy covenant of marriage. If there is any reason these two should not be wed speak now or forever hold your peace" Richie said.

After a moment passed, Richie started laughing, causing us all to to stare at him confused. "I'm sorry I've just always wanted to say that. Besides, anyone who knows me knows I'm never this serious." Bill and I laughed in agreement.

"I've been friends with Bill and Kate for as long as I can remember. I don't think I'd ever seen two people so in love who were so clueless." Everyone laughed lightly. "Even when we were kids, it was never clearer that two people belonged to be together."

Bill and I stared at each other, lost in one another's eyes. Nothing I have done in my life had never felt as right as I feel right now.

"When they asked me to officiate their wedding I was both honored and quite sure they may be insane for thinking I could do them justice." Richie continued. "They've never given up on each other. After years apart, they found their way back to one another and didn't take a moment for granted. The love and happiness you feel when you're around them both together is annoyingly infectious. I remember when we were kids whenever Kate was sick and couldn't play with us, Bill wouldn't shut up about her. We would all say "okay we get it" but he still would go on and on about her." Bill's checks reddened slightly embarrassed, but I though it was sweet. "I could go on and on telling embarrassing stories about the two of them, but you guys came to see these two get married not listen to me talk your ear off. So let's let these two lovebirds exchange their vows"