Chapter 33

Daisy jumped and dropped her gift for James. It rolled around on the ground for awhile, and she just looked at what was happening in front her.

James raised up his arms and everyone was grinning at her. The party was going on, but it was directed at her. What the bloody hell was happening?

"Surprise!" James said again.

"Um..thanks?" Daisy turned around to face Sirius. What's going on? Sirius just grinned and shrugged.

"We just thought, well I just thought, that we only got to celebrate, well I only got to celebrate Lily's birthday yesterday, so I thought that we'd celebrate your birthday today!" James said like it was nothing.

"But...it's your birthday." Daisy said, frowning. It was James eighteenth birthday, and he should be celebrating. Janes shrugged and smiled lightly.

"Yeah, but you're more important. So...I mean, I don't care! Or, maybe we'll just share or something!" James said. Daisy bit her lip and glance at James nervously.

"Don't do this just because you're guilty. Do you seriously believe that I didn't take the flowers?" Daisy asked seriously, looking into James eyes. She wanted him to believe her, she didn't need some stupid birthday. James grinned for a awhile and spoke up.

"Of course I believe you. I would believe you over anyone." His words completely melted Daisy inside. She almost fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry how I acted this afternoon. I...wasn't thinking straight, and I just acted. I guess...I don't know, Lily manipulated me?" James said. Oh, finally you know.

"It's fine. Thank you, James. I really appreciate this." Daisy smiled, giving him a tight hug. That was when she saw Lily in the corner, her arms crossed and glaring at Daisy deeply. Daisy simply ignored her. She really did not want to deal with any of that today.

"Happy birthday girl!" She heard Mary and Alice call to her. She turned around and saw her two best friends. They had already gave her a cake yesterday and she really appreciated all of this.

Daisy then felt really, really guilty of the way she had been treating them. She had bee ignoring them for basically all year, and she promised herself that this behavior would stop. She would never neglect her friends ever again. They valued over anything, they were there in her darkest moments.

"I love you guys." Daisy said, giving them a hug. She then picked up the glass ball from the ground and walked over to a now, drinking fire whiskey James. She better give this to him before he got too drunk.

"James, I have a present for you." Daisy said. He turned around when he heard his soft voice.

"Daisy, you didn't have to." James quickly said but Daisy rolled her eyes. She didn't have to, but she wanted to. Daisy took out the glass ball and handed it to James.

"What does this do?" James asked. Daisy swiped it, and the pictures appeared. James eye's widened and he grinned brightly at the sight of the pictures.

"Wow, this is awesome! It's like something that can remind me of Hogwarts anytime.This is so cool, thank you!" James grinned. Daisy just smiled, she was glad he liked it. That was then James took out something from his pocket.

It was a snitch.

This was not something a person would give to a girl for a birthday. A snitch? No. But this snitch was different. Daisy saw James's hand close around it, and slowly it's wings opened, and Daisy's jaw dropped. Noise came out of the snitch, and she then realized what it was saying.

Ten points for Gryffindor! Pass to James Potter....what is Daisy Evans doing? Oh! She saw the snitch.

Daisy laughed out loud. It was a replay of all the quidditch games they once played, what a clever gift! How did James do it.

"How did it charm it in such a short time?" Daisy had spent months making James birthday gift. James shook his head.

"I started to work on it a few months before. I just literally forgot your birthday, I'm so sorry." James said, Daisy smiled, James was too sweet sometimes, she gave him one last hug before heading upstairs.

She ignored Lily upstairs, who was still sending her death glares. She ignored her. Daisy had awesome friends and that was all. Her sister chose to shut herself out of her world and if Lily didn't have anything to say about it, then that wad that.

"Ms. Evan, Mr. Potter, Mr. Black, can you stay behind please." Professor Dumbledore called out to Daisy after class. She walked up to the table but beside her was Lily.

"Lily you may be dismissed me, I was directing it to Daisy." Professor Dumbledore said Kindly Lily turned bright red and left. Sirius and Daisy shared an eye roll. Lily was perfectly sure that Professor Dumbledore was talking about Daisy, why else would he be calling out to the try wizard trio?

"So, as you may probably know, in three weeks, Hogwarts will be hosting a yule ball." Dumbledore started to stay and Daisy frowned. Hogwarts had never hosted a yule ball before, what was that?

"What's a yule ball?" James asked the question for her.

"It's something that we host for the tournament. And I'm guessing that we have to lead the dance, huh?" Sirius asked. They all looked at him surprised.

"How do you know?" James asked his best friend. Sirius shrugged lazily.

"Overheard Slughorn telling the Slytherins about it. He told them that they would need to find dates." Sirius said.

"Professor Slughorn." Professor corrected Sirius with a twinkle in his eye.

"So we need to find dates, and we need to lease the dance?" Daisy asked nervously, this was something she was not looking forward to. Defiantly not something she wanted to face. Professor Dumbledore nodded.

"Oh come one, it won't be that bad, Daisy! I can teach you to dance!" James said enthusiastically.

Easy for you to say, I'm not worried about that part.

"So...who do you plan to ask to the Yule ball?" Sirius asked, sliding down on a seat beside Daisy. Daisy shrugged. All her friends were taken and she honestly didn't know.

It was only the first day and she already got seven invitations, but not one really caught her eye. To be honest, she really didn't care, but she was going to lead the dance, she at least had to have a decent date.

"Have you asked Marlene yet?" Daisy asked. Sirius shook his head.

"I'm still thinking how...like do you think it should be a big gesture or a small gesture?" Sirius asked. Daisy suddenly started to laugh.

"Out of everyone, you come ask me for relationship advice. Sirius, you're insane." Daisy said, and Sirius chuckled. James had gone with the big gesture like always, surprising Lily, and asking her. Of course, she said yes, and sent Daisy an evil glare.

Both Remus and Frank just went with small gestures, asking their girlfriends. In her own opinion, Sirius should just go with a small gesture, because it was no big deal. But she really didn't want to mess things up like usual.

"You know what, I'm going to go with a big gesture, like James. Thanks Daisy." Sirius grinned and walked away.

Yeah, you're welcome.

Daisy sighed, out of all the girls, which boy would ever want to go to the yule ball with me?

"Vould you... Vould you like to...like to go to the ball vith me?" He asked.