11

"what college did you go to?" amari asks ben, toying with his chain. his hands slide up her bare back and pull her closer.

"LSU," he says, making amari drop his chain and look up at him.

"no shit," she says, and he looks down at her and can't help but peck her lips and then says: "what?"

"im from louisiana," amari states and he nods.

"where'd you go to school?" he asks, and amari resumes messing with his chain. she liked laying like this with him. it was sweet and comfortable. she felt safe in his arms.

"university of chicago, i majored in advertisement," she says, sighing contently. all she wanted to do currently was nap with him, just for a few hours.

"damn, fine and smart?" he says, flirting with her even though he shouldn't be. amari just laughs and blushes in secrecy.

"boy, shut up," she says jokingly, stopping playing with his chain and moving her hands up to his jaw. she gently strokes his beard before leaning and planting her lips on his. they kiss slowly, and ben pulls amari on top of him.

he props himself up and amari moves so she's sitting comfortably in his lap. this. this is what ben wishes they could have all of the time, instead of this stupid agreement that messes with his head. it's when she kisses him like it's the last time she'll ever do it, that he feels like she feels the connection between them too.

amari pulls back and starts kissing along his jaw and neck, sliding down his lap and pushing his chest down. she kisses down his neck and his chest, stopping only where the sheet cuts it off. she pulls it back and continues all the way down, making ben grunt.

it was going to be a long night.

-

she pulls her hoodie over her head, stretching after she does so. her body was sore; three rounds will do that to you.

ben and amari just got out of the shower, and yes, they had shower sex. it's not as appealing as the movies make it seem, but ben was strong. her legs were killing her, though. "i don't know if i'll be able to drive home, my legs might fall asleep," amari says, pulling her hair back into its original ponytail.

ben laughs and smirks to himself. he gave it to her good tonight, and she returned the favor by the head she gave him. how they went from arguing to this, was beyond both of them.

amari gathers her things and walks over to ben, who was sitting on his side of the bed and pulling on his socks. he looks up when he hears her foot steps, and they both giggle awkwardly. "let me walk you out," he says, slipping on his slides and leading amari out of his bedroom. she follows him, her eyes trained on his back muscles that were exposed from the white wifebeater he was wearing.

they pass the living room, then the kitchen, and now they're in the foyer. ben opens the door, and she expects to say their goodbyes right here, like she normally does with him, but he keeps walking outside. amari smiles to herself, keeping her head down as she follows him out, so he can't see her smile.

they stop in front of her car, and ben grabs her by the waist, pulling her towards him. he smiles down at her, and kisses her. they kiss like they've been together for years, like they do this everyday but somehow it still feels like the last time they'll ever do it. the kiss reveals a sense of wanting between the two, desire and hunger.

amari pulls back, out of breath, and she can't meet bens eyes because she's embarrassed of how intimately they just kissed in public. "thanks for walking me out," amari says, unlocking her door. ben opens the door for her and amari melts on the inside. why did he have be like this?