Kidnapped

Based off of a comic. I didn't have Wi-Fi all day, so I wrote this in a different doc. It's short, but I don't know what else to write.

________

When Bruce woke up that morning, he didn't expect to spend part of his day warning his 12 year old son, in civilian clothing, not to kill a random kidnapper.

Damian was in 3rd period math class when 3 men stormed into the classroom, and went straight for him. He wasn't exactly surprised, he was the son of Bruce Wayne, there was the occasional abduction. The criminals just didn't usually try and take him in places with this many witnesses, and potential casualties.

The men grabbed him by the arms, and dragged him to the gym, where the Riddler awaited him. He was thrown on the floor, and then one of the men zip tied his hands together, while the other gagged his mouth. Then, the call started.

The Riddler turned on the monitors, and broadcasted a live message across Gotham. The Riddler called out Bruce and told him his ward was being held for ransom, $1,000,000. The doors had been locked, there was a gun to Damian's head.

If anything, Bruce was more scared that the Riddler would die.

After he turned the monitors off, they made their way up on the gym's stage. The bodyguards were shot down, indicating the police had arrived. Damian, being Damian, had already slipped out of the ziptie.

After the barricades were set up, Bruce and Jim went to the front, and Bruce spoke through a bullhorn,

"Please don't kill him."

"That all depends on whether you have my million dollars or not." The Riddler replied.

"I wasn't talking to you."

At those words the police, very much including the commissioner, gave Bruce a weird look.

Jim whispered, "What are you doing?" Damian took that as his cue to flip the Riddler, twist his arm, and point the gun at his head. Jim cringed when he heard the crack come from his arm. His finger was on the trigger, and Bruce warned, " Damian... "

"Fine." He uncocked the gun, and kicked the man in the head, knocking him unconscious. He tore the rest of the gag away, and left the villain there for the police to collect.

He calmly jumped down from the stage, and walked to his father and Jim. The authorities didn't know what to do. They were froze in shock, until Damian said,

"Well? Super villain, lying on floor?"

Everyone moved at once. Someone, pointlessly, checked Damian for injures. The rest began to grab the Riddler, then clear out of the gym on the commissioner's orders.

"Kid, where did you learn to do that?"

Bruce sighed, and signaled Damian to deliver the cover story.

"Before Bruce took me in, I lived with my mother and grandfather. They were what you could call cult leaders, and trained me to fight. I've been in way worse situations."

"What? Is anyone else aware? Who are these people, and what else did your childhood consist of?"

Damian tutted, "Don't you get it, I didn't have a childhood. I was raised as a prince, I was worshiped by everyone but mother and grandfather. They tortured me, in horrible ways. I have the scars to prove it. I was trained to kill." Damian continued, " As far as I know they are both dead. The only people that know, are the people that need to know. Now if you will excuse me, I need to get back to class."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You were just held at gunpoint, that had to shake you. Besides, you need to give your statement."

"Son, he's right. You should give a statement, then if you wish you can return to class."

"Bruce, I don't know what is going on, but this is insane. A child assassin? I don't care who you are, but you're still a kid. Take the day off."

Damian let out a depressed chuckle, "You really don't get it. Until two years ago, I was the one who abducted, I was the one who pulled the trigger, though my grandfather's preferred method of execution was beheading. I am not a kid. You want a statement? Here's one, I'm fine. The Riddle failed to kill me and\or collect a ransom."

Bruce squeezed his son's shoulder, and they left.