Trip to Diagon Alley

————————————————————
Last edited: 04.12.2020
————————————————————

«I speak to everyone in the same way,
whether he is the garbage man
or the president of the univers.»
~ Albert Einstein

*

"Marina! Hurry up, we're running late" a loud voice roared in a small house on the countryside just outside London. From outside it probably looked like any normal house. Stone brick walls with a mossy roof that blended in with the nature around it. If it hadn't been for the flowery garden that was surrounded by different plants and insects, you would have thought the house was abandoned. On the inside, however, it was totally different. Warm colors surrounding the furniture and the warmth from an oven who were always baking fresh bread ready to be eaten every morning.

"Marina, come on!" the voice once again ringed between the walls.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," another voice answered from one of the rooms on the second floor. There was a shuffling in some drawers, followed by light, quick footsteps running down the stairs.

"I am here!" Marina smiled brightly at her mum, her green eyes beaming up at her. Her dad was standing behind her mum, tapping his foot impatiently while holding a flowerpot.

"Finally, take some Floo powder and get in the mantelpiece," her mum said with an angry look on her face. Marina just smiled innocently, took a pinch of Floo powder and threw it into the flames. The fire turned green and she stepped inside it. "Diagon Alley!" she shouted clearly and vanished.

As she stepped out of the green flames in Diagon Alley, witches and wizards were walking in every direction with robes in different colors. Children were pointing and complaining to their parents, and animals were walking on the ground, or flying freely in the air. Soon, Marina's parents also entered Diagon Alley.

"Do you have the list of the new books you need for this year at Hogwarts?" her dad asked, and Marina nodded.

"I have it here, do you wanna join me to Flourish and Blotts?" Her mum shook her head.

"No, you go and buy the books, we are going to.. uhm.. fix some other things," she said while glancing mysteriously at her husband. "We'll meet you later at the Leaky Cauldron."

"Uhm, okay. I'll see you later," Marina waved at her parents as she made her way into Flourish and Blotts to buy her new school books.
The shop was rather large, with huge piles of books stacked up to the roof. She looked curiously around at the different books. She noticed some books from her previous years at Hogwarts, including The Monster Book of Monsters by Edwardus Lima. It furiously moved around in its cage, scaring the younger students.

Marina really liked magical creatures. She thought they were fascinating and misunderstood. However their Care of Macial Creatures teacher, Hagrid, was very different from their other teachers, and Marina found herself often thinking about what it would be like having a more 'capable' teacher. Not that she didn't like Hagrid, oh no. She actually thought he was pretty nice, just his teaching abilities wasn't reaching her expectations.

As Marina walked further inside the shop, she noticed a very familiar pair of blonde pigtails observing a pile of  Defensive Magical Theroy by Wilbert Slinkhard.

"Hullo Hannah!" Marina beamed happily at her bestfriend. Hannah Abbott turned around at the sound of her voice and looked at her in surprise.

"Marina! So wonderful to see you again!" Hannah hugged Marina tightly as she spoke. "I have missed you so, so much." Hannah let out an exciting squeal as she let go of Marina.