The Hogwarts Express

————————————————————
Last edited: 07.08.2020
————————————————————

«A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it.»
~Albert Einstein

*

"Now, remember to write often, okay? I don't want to go weeks without hearing anything from you! And remember to take care of Tootsie!" Marina's mum was as stressed as she always was every new school year. Tootsie sat unbothered, like always, in her cage. She was Marina's pet owl. She got it for her 13th birthday in second year. Tootsie had glided majestically into the Great Hall, her light brown feathers glittering in the dim light. It was the best Birthday gift Marina ever had gotten, and she and Tootsie quickly became good friends.

"And remember to keep practicing with your new broom! I don't want you falling of because it was too fast for you to handle!" her mum continued with more and more concern in her voice.

"Mum, don't worry, okay? I'll be fine! I always am," said Marina and smiled reassuringly at her mum. A suddenly loud whistle was heard through the hall, signaling that it was time to go. Marina said her last goodbyes to her parents as she stepped inside the Hogwarts Express.

She was quickly met by her bestfriend, Hannah, who was standing right at the entrance to the train.

"Come on Marina! Susan has already got a compartment at the end of the train," said Hannah and the two friends started walking past all the compartments to get to the end.

"Since we met at Diagon Alley, I have been thinking about the stuff you told me about your father and the Minister of Magic. You said you overheard him saying the Minister was 'blinded by power' right?" said Hannah curiously.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I heard him say. Actually he's been saying a lot of things about the Minister lately. I would occasionally catch him muttering stuff like 'stupid' and 'he is so naive'. Did you find out anything?"

"Well, not exactly, but I was thinking maybe your father is believing the stuff Harry Potter and Professor Dumbledore are saying? You know.." she lowered her voice a little. ".. about You-Know-Who being back." Hannah looked around worriedly, like she was checking if someone overheard her.

"Well that would make sense," Marina answered .
"Professor Dumbledore was my dad's Professor as well when he went to Hogwarts, and he always praises him, telling me how trustworthy he is. After all that happened last year, it's actually not a surprise if he really believes them."

Hannah looked at her with a questioning look.
"Wait, don't tell me you believe them too?" said Hannah.

"Well I—", Marina wasn't able to finish her sentence before she bumped into something hard who just had come out of one of the compartments. She looked up and was surprised when she was met by a pair of emerald green eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you coming," he said and gave her a crooked smile.

"No, don't worry, it was me who wasn't paying attention to where I was going," Marina answered nervously. The way he almost hovered over her, made her feel a little intimidated.

"Hey, you're Marina Lunin right? I heard you're trying out for Beater on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team this year? I've seen you practice sometimes, you're pretty good!"

"Oh, eh.. Thank you." Marina suddenly felt a bit nervous. She never believed her Quidditch skills was good enough to be acknowledged by Hogwarts best seeker. She never thought anyone was watching her practice at all. How long had he watched her anyways?
Well, thats a bit creepy, she thought.