Prologue

Ding!

The elevator chimed open when it reached the eleventh floor. You took a step outside and you heard it close behind you. You look down from the paper you are holding :

'Finding future flatmate. Trost building. Floor 11. Room 148. Look for Hannah :)'

You shuffled around the corridor as you search for the room. You were finding for a place to live since you are transferring into a new school, Shiganshina Academy since you met all their requirements for a scholarship program. The only problem is that it is far from your house. You found a flyer in the school bulletin board the day you enrolled saying that she is finding for her future flatmate. Who knows it might you who's going to be the future flatmate. So here you are, in Trost building, floor 11, in front of room 148. You knocked on the dark, wooden, varnished door. It opened and saw a female with ginger hair in a ponytail. She must be the Hannah stated in the flyer.

"How can I help you?" she politely asked.

"Um, I saw this flyer and it says there's an available room for rent," you answered. "This is room 148, no?"

"Oooh! Applying for the future flatmate, huh?" She laughed, "Come, come on in!" she excitedly added. You followed her inside. It was neat and there's not too much furnitures but nice enough to set a party. "My name is Hannah Diamant. And you are?"

"[f/n l/n]." you replied.

"Nice to meet you, [f/n]!" she raised her right arm, implying you to shake her hand and you did. Hannah showed you around. Except for one room which must be hers. And then, she led you to your room. There's a bed, a study table, and a built-in closet. This is good enough, you thought. You noticed that there's some big-ass boxes and half-filled bags in the corner. Hannah noticed you looking at it and said, "You see, I am leaving this place because I am going to live with my boyfriend Franz. Sorry for the mess." she apologetically smiled and scratched the back of her head. You nodded.

"So whose room is the one we walked past before this room?" You asked.

"Oh, that was your future roommate's room." she answered. "He's away right now because he visited his parents in Belgium so he's going to take a while. Maybe after two weeks." she added. You did not noticed that she is using 'he' so you thought it's a girl.

"Oh. I see." you nodded. Your eyes wander around the room and back to her again as she tells you the payments and other formalities. You looked around the house again and can feel her following you around.

"So... ", Hannah said, starting to raise the question. You looked back at her. " You gonna take it?" she raised her eyebrows and smiled cutely waiting for your answer.

"I will." I answered and smiled at her.

She grinned and took the flyer in your hands, crumpled it, and threw it at her back. She then took your hands and shook it , "It is settled then!"

Find a place to stay, check. ✅

----------