60

Unknown
August 15th, 2019

As I'm leaving the grocery store I see a man yelling at a woman. He looks like he's on drugs or drunk. His hands are shaking and he's sweating profusely; more than he should be in this August heat.

"Yes I shot your wife because she shot at me. Leave me alone please."

The woman started to back up to her car, and that's when the man pulled a gun on her. She made this face that said she was tired and just wanted to get home. She didn't look scared or anything, just tired.

"I should kill you right here. Leave your blood pouring out on the concrete."

The woman chuckled and told the man to do it so he took the gun off the safety and pulled the trigger, but he missed. That's when she quickly pulled a gun of her own out and shot the man in his chest. The shot was accurate and clean, almost as if she's practiced for a long time. He fell to the ground and blood poured out of his body. I ran up to him and checked his pulse.

"Ma'am are you okay?" I asked looking up from him.

She shrugged and nodded yes. Either this woman has no soul or she's literally over it, and the history between the two is so bitter there's nothing left to feel. I watched as the man took his last breath, dying before I had the chance to call it in.

The woman loaded her groceries in the car before walking up to me and asking who I am. I pulled out my badge and told her that I'm officer Lia Reign.

"I know it was self defense, this is an open carry state and you won't be charged with anything, but you will have to go down to the station and give a statement, as will I."

She said okay and asked if it's okay to call her fiancé. I told her yes but she shouldn't give any details until she officially gives her statement to the police.

"Hey babe. Something happened at the grocery store. I'm okay but I have to go to the police station. Can you meet me there in.." she trailed off before looking at me. I whispered ten minutes. "In ten minutes."

I don't know what the other person is saying but from the looks of her face she looks annoyed. She clicked the end button before letting out a loud sigh.

"I'm so over this shit. Motherfucka should've stayed in his place. Now their kids won't have a father and their mother will be in jail."

She asked me if she needed to hand over her gun and I told her that she probably will at the station. We stood around and talked about random stuff until the coroner and forensics team showed up.

I told them what happened and assured them that'd I'd take her to the station. They all nodded and watched as I placed the woman in to the back seat.

"Can I call my foster daughter?"

I told her yes and watched as she hit the green button.

"Hey Ken. Something happened and I need you to ask Lyrica if Tia or Angel can come to the grocery store and pick my car up. The spare key is at the house in the key drawer."

She said a few more words before hanging up and looking out the window. I kept an eye on her just to make sure she's okay. Once we got to the station I opened the door for her and let her out. She slid her phone in her back pocket and hung her purse off of her shoulder.

"This shouldn't take too long" I told her.

Just as we were walking into the police station a woman ran up to her grabbing her arm. She looked scared and nervous as if something bad is about to happen.

"Baby are you okay?" The woman asked.

I was kind of shocked because I wasn't expecting the woman's fiancé to be another woman. She politely told her that she's okay and to give her a little bit of space. The two had this awkward moment between the two, but I didn't say anything.

"They should be out to get you shortly. I'm going to give my statement first" is all I said before walking towards the back.

//

Soooo sorry for the long wait

I wasn't going to continue the grocery store scene but I decided that'd be tacky of me to not tell what happened afterwards lmao

It's short because it's just a filler chapter

Thanks for reading!