Chapter 2 - Laneway Festival

Connection chapter 2 – laneway festival

Just over a month went by. You and Samara couldn't wait for Laneway. Last week you went and bought outfits to wear. It was now the31st of January 2020. Laneway eve. Tomorrow was the festival.

y/n's POV:

My mum opened my bedroom door.

Mum: "You girls better get some sleep tonight.You have got a big day tomorrow! Goodnight." She smiles and walks out of the room.

Samara: "How am I supposed to sleep I am too excited!"

y/n: "I know, I am too. But we gotta get some kind of rest otherwise we won't last the whole day. We could just fall asleep in the middle of the festival!" Samara laughed at me and we drifted off to sleep.

*The next morning*

Samara's POV:

The alarm went off at 6:30 am. We still had a few hours but we wanted to get there a bit earlier to get a good spot. We got ready for the festival and hopped in the car. y/n's mum drove us there.

Samara: "Thanks for the ride. We'll see you later tonight." I said as we hopped out of the car and made our way to the line.

y/n: "Woah. This line is huge!"

We couldn't see where it started or ended. We just started walking down and we eventually found the end of the line.

Samara: "And I thought that we got here early." We laughed together and talked to some girls in the line.

y/n POV:

Girl 1: "Hi there are you excited for Ruel?"

What is Ruel I thought to myself.

y/n: "Um... I-"

Girl 2: "Yeah I only came here for Ruel." She cut me off.

Samara: "What is Ruel?" She asked the girls.

Girl 1: "Wait. You don't know Ruel?!"

y/n: "Nope."

Girl 2: "He is only the best singer on this planet!"

Samara: "So he is performing here today?"

Another girl walked up to us, wearing a shirt with his name on it.

Girl 3: "Of course he is. He is the only reason I came."

All of a sudden I was really excited to watch him.