Chapter 3 - Ruel

Connection chapter 3 – Ruel

It was getting closer to 11:30am and the line started to move forward as people were being let in. Samara and I went straight to the main stage once we got in and managed to get a spot around the middle of the crowd. It filled up so quick.

y/n POV:

Samara: "This is going to be the best day ever. Thanks for doing this with me y/n."

y/n: "Why wouldn't I come. This is so awesome already and it hasn't even started. And we look amazing!"

Samara: "Yeah, I am so glad we bought these outfits."

The day went by and we watched all of these incredible artists perform. I can't believe we have never really heard of some of them.

It was coming to the end of the night and there was only a few people left to perform. I was still waiting for that Ruel guy.

Ruel's POV:

Wow. Second performance of 2020. First Australian city of the festival.This is gonna be so sick. Crowd is huge! Great turnout. I can't wait to perform.

It was finally my cue to get out there and I ran up on stage.

Ruel: "What's up Brisbane? Thank you all for coming tonight. First I am going to sing a song I want to release soon. Let me know what you think."

I started singing and just felt so much joy. At the Auckland show the other night, I realised how much I missed performing to a crowd. I missed seeing my fans happy faces when I sing. This was a great way to start 2020.

The only thing I didn't miss is the fame. Well, not the fame, but just everyone wanting a video of me to share on social media. Stuff like that. I wish that when I met some of my fans, there wouldn't be phones in my face. I wish people just wanted to see me for me. The first few rows of the crowd were filled up by my fans. There was the bunch that were just having fun and not caring about recording it for Instagram, which made me smile. Others had there phone out the whole time I was performing. I was still so grateful for all of them though.

y/n's POV:

y/n: "Samara how have we never heard of him before? His voice is absolutely incredible!"

Samara: "I now know why those girls were so crazy about him."

His voice truly amazed me. And he didn't look very old at all. He looked as if we was about my age. I wish I had heard of him sooner. These songs he is singing are so powerful. I think he wrote them all. He is so talented.

Ruel's POV:

As the encore was coming to an end I realised how I blessed I was to have all of these people singing along to my songs and cheering for me. I finished singing and bent down to grab a drink.
As I stood up to thank the crowd, something caught my eye.