Chapter 5 - Crush

Connection chapter 5 – Crush

y/n's POV:

After Ruel had finished we were just amazed. I don't think anyone else tonight could top that performance. I still can't believe he was looking at me. I know I had no idea who he was and still don't really know anything about him, but it just felt like we had some sort of connection when our eyes met. And I loved the way his hair was in messy curtains, with little strands getting in the way of his eyes.

I don't know how, but I had to see him again.

Samara and I watched the rest of tonight's performances and then started to head to the exit so my mum could pick us up.

Ruel's POV:

I watched the girl from side stage in the last few performances. I hope this isn't creepy. It probably is but I don't care. She was so beautiful. There she stood in the crowd. Dancing and having fun. It looked like she was with a friend. They looked like they were having a blast. Not on their phones or anything. Just enjoying the music. Exactly what the festivals are about.

Once again I couldn't take my eyes off her. The last act ended and she started to head off.

Ruel: "Nate could I leave for a minute? I promise I'll be back soon."

Nate: "Mate I need you to stay here a bit longer. We still have stuff to do."

Ruel: "It's really important."

Nate: "Let me guess. The girl you were staring at before you came off?"

Ruel: "I have to find her, otherwise I might never get to talk to her."

Nate: "Five minutes Ruel and that's it. If you can't find her then just come straight back."

Ruel: "Thank you so much Nate." I said as I quickly ran out to find the girl.

I was running through the massive crowds of people and pushing through everyone. The only thing I cared about right now was finding her and that was all I could think about. My fans tried to talk to me as they wondered what was going on but I just had to wave and smile as I swiftly ran past them.

I think I can see her. Oh no she's getting in that car. What do I do?

Ruel: "Hey wait up!" I yelled.

I wish I knew her name. It was no use. I don't think she heard me and even if she did she could have easily thought that it was for someone else because I didn't say her name. I sadly walked back to Nate.

Nate: "Sorry Ruel. Who knows, maybe you'll see her again?"

Ruel: "Thanks but I don't think I will."

y/n's POV:

Samara: "Hi Nicole!" She said as we opened the door to get in the back.

I could hear someone calling out behind me but I didn't know what it was or who it was for so I just hopped in and shut the door.

Mum: "So how was it? You look like you have had a ball."

y/n: "Yeah it was awesome. I'm so glad that we went.

Mum: "That's excellent." She smiled and drove off.

*A little while later still driving home*

Mum: "So did you discover any new artists that you like?"

Samara: "We heard this guy named Ruel and we think he has a crush on y/n."

Mum: "What are you on about?" She laughed.

y/n: "Yeah Samara what are you on about?" I gave her a death stare but we couldn't help laughing after.

Mum: "Okay well we are here now Samara."

Samara: "Thanks guys. See you!" She said as she hopped out the car at her house and mum and I drove home.

When we arrived home I walked into my room and lay down on my bed.

I went on Instagram and searched Ruel.

*oneruel*

Hmm oneruel. Top result and verified. Must be it. I followed him and went to sleep.