Intro

I hate him.

I hate him so much that I could practically kill him with my bare hands. What he did was inexcusable and I hope he suffers in prison.

He's a sorry excuse for a father.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself.

I'm Y/N Pinnock. I'm 13, turning 14 in October. I, along with my twin sister, Leigh-Anne, was born in High Wycombe, UK to Sydney and Dean Pinnock. We have two older sisters, but we haven't heard from them in years.

Our mom died when Leigh and I were barely about to walk. She was walking home from the store a few blocks away from the house and was struck by a drunk driver.

Our dad raised us on his own and was great in the beginning, but shit happened when we got to age 10 up until a few months ago.

Now, Leigh and I are in America, at Rydell Foster Care; having been here for three months.

In that time, Leigh hasn't spoken to anyone, but me. Not even the assigned therapist. For three months, they tried to get us to talk about what happened that day, but it's too painful to talk about. Being that it's still fresh in our minds.

Ever since then, I kept the closest of eyes on my sister. I take care of her and make sure she's okay. I'd call myself her guardian or something of the sort.

When she has her night terrors that has her running to the bathroom and emptying her stomach, I'm there to comfort her. I make sure she eats right, sleeps right, showers regularly, and is safe.

We share a room since I don't trust anyone else to be with her.

Leigh is my priority; my little sister. And what happened to us messed us up badly.

I can barely think about it without wanting to hit something or someone.

———
*Some scenes might seem familiar to some of you