Mail received from Peter Englert [5].

Subject: "Good Luck with Your New Occupation."

Date & Time
12/07 10:31

Sender
S23-84.

Peter Englert

Subject
____________________________________

Did something happen? It's not like you to be cooped up for an extended period. Porters tend not to take breaks, especially those with jobs such as CD. I assume you were injured? 🙁

Believe me, as hard as it may seem. Your pain brings me no pleasure. I assure you the sadism in me evaporated after I became stranded here. Nothing tarnishes an ego quicker than having a God betray you. Every choice matters, I suppose. I chose the Extinction Entity; in return, she chose Sam Bridges. I find their relationship revolting, but he's free, and I'm not.

You've begun to wear on me, my dear [Y/N]. Now I'm the one rambling. Regardless, I hope Heartman's findings haven't bored you. It's fascinating to comprehend how diverse chiralium can be in its uses. It can be manipulated for good or for evil. It merely depends on whose hands it falls into.

If you require a tutor, do reach out. I've been fascinated with history since I was a boy, and my strong suit was always ancient Egypt. Perhaps you knew by your pharaoh comment. 😄 Something about being a ruler struck me to my core, and my lust to lead was my Achilles heel.

I'll let you in on a secret since I'm your biggest one. I may have been respected and looked up to by Demens, but I was merely a CO. Surprised? Amelie was the one to create perfect little soldiers, and I had to direct them while keeping her safe. Our bond was the only thing that made me a leader, and I'd be her scapegoat.

You did make me laugh, though. I have always been willing to let you in, but it was you that was stubborn. Understandably, I could be less vague if you wish. There's so much you've yet to learn, and this is my way of shielding you from it.

I'll respect your wishes. Best of luck with a quick recovery; a porter is no good without fulfilling their duty.

___

This was meant to be published earlier, but I passed out before I could.

If you haven't read the updated version of "Bonds", please do so :) The plot has been altered from that point on, so it's important to read the new draft.

Stay tuned for the next Higgs chapter; Subject: "Oracle." <3 Hopefully it'll be out before the end of April.

Feb 19 2023: So that was a fuckin lie. Oracle's release is TBA, that chapter is half-written.