Going home

As Percy collapsed, Loki reaches out with his magic to catch him before he hit the ground. Gently laying him in a nearby bench, Loki hurried over to his lovers side.

"Hand me a bucket of water! Hurry!" Loki yelled at his audience while whispering undistinguishable words into Percy's ear.

"Why should we listen to you? You came here to destroy our planet!" Fury countered, aiming his gun at Loki this time.

"Please," Loki begged his voice rising with each word, "it wasn't me I swear. Just as Barton was under my control, I was under his. This was his doing, not mine! Now will someone get me that bucket of water!"

"I shall fetch you the water, brother," Thor rushed to get on Loki's good side. Loki, being to worried about Percy, didn't even comment on being called brother.

"Who is he? The man you said controlled you?" Banner cut in, hoping to gain as much information as possible while Loki was distracted.

"He is a terrible man. I dare not speak his name in fear he will find me, just know he could take you all down without breaking a sweat," Loki responded before gladly taking the bucket from Thor and unceremoniously dumping it on top of the Son of Poseidon.

Percy woke gasping and sweating. He immediately turned to Loki and wrapped his arms around him and buried his head in his shoulder, sobbing. "It was her. I saw her die again and it was like it happened all over again."

"It's okay, my love. I'm here for you, and I'm never leaving you. Not again." Loki returned the embrace, placing soft kisses on Percy's neck. "When he comes this time, we will be ready, and we will stop him once and for all. You are stronger than he could ever hope to be, you can defeat him Percy, and I will help you. He stands no chance."

"I'm sorry, but what just happened?" Tony cut in. "And stop with all the cryptic answers!"

"I had a flashback to a painful part of my past. Loki woke me up by dumping water on me. Pretty self explanatory," Percy spoke as if he were talking to a child, "now if you don't mind, I'm getting very hungry, and my mother is waiting for us at home."

"We cannot just let you leave," Fury pointed out.

"I do what I want!" Loki deadpanned. Percy placed a calming hand on his shoulder. "We will return tomorrow and answer any questions you have, but until then, we shall take our leave."

"Wait!" Steve called out, "What is the name of the man you speak of?"

Percy froze and gave Loki a look. The latter hung his head and sighed, "Thanos."

Then Loki and Percy disappeared, their thoughts transferring from war to blue cookies.

Happy New Year everyone!! I wish you all the best 2020! Thank you so much for wasting your time reading this and my New Years resolution is to write more so new content soon! Until next time 💚