Truly Evil

Adira's POV:

Walking through the castle and the many hallways and up the winding stairs, It took me quite a while to get to the seventh floor corridor. 

Walking back and forth three times thinking about what I wanted, I came to a halt and stared at the rather plain door that appeared in the wall. Casting the spell I'd learned to keep me from being detected by any spells that may have been placed on the room I headed towards the door.

Opening the heavy, wooden door, I walked through, making my breath catch at the sight of the room. Mountains of trinkets, books, clothes, and all sorts of items towered throughout the room.

I stepped further into the room, staring in wonder at all the amazing things just sitting untouched for who knows how long. Looking over a couple of the books that were closest to me I noticed the dates are from over two centuries ago, so I am assuming most of these items are incredibly old.

It was a dark feeling permeating the air, that brought me out of my reverie. Turning and stting down the books, I started to follow the disgusting, magic that had tainted even the magic in the air around it. Most dark artifacts and objects you need to be fairly close to to feel, but to be able to taint this much magic just from being in the proximity of it means only one thing. 

I followed the taint to the source where I found a chipped stone, sitting slightly out of the wall. Making sure there are no traps or alarms first, I tapped the stone with my wand, making slide out easily and drop to the ground with a loud thump. 

Casting my gaze into the hole, I noticed a slight gleam when something caught the light. Putting on a glove I use whenever touching cursed and dark objects that I don't know of, It has quite a bit of protection on it that allows me to hold the objects without fear of anything nasty happening, I reached into the hole and wrapped my hand around the object. 

Pulling it out, a smile spread across my face at seeing my mom's diadem for the first time. Though my smile morphed into a snarl as I felt the soul shard living inside of it. To have desecrated one of my mothers greatest creations sent seething anger throughout my whole being. 

I didn't noticed the ominous crimson light illuminating my eyes until I caught my reflection in the diadems polished silver wings. Noticing the rune tattooed across my face was glowing faintly as well, I calmed my anger before anything catastrophic could happen. 

Taking a calming breath I took a minute to cool my thoughts. I've never seen my eyes glow, or my tattoo for that matter. My mind began rushing through possibilities, before deciding to put it off for now and see if I find anything in some of my tomes, especially the Fay grimoire. It could have something to do with all the natural energy and magic in the castle and castle grounds.

Turning my focus back to the diadem, I reached within myself, calling upon both my magics. I felt the flow of my human magic through my body that I learned to keep up naturally, and drew on it, my magic happily answering, eager to obey.

Next I felt for my fairy magic, feeling it pulse lowly, waiting to be free from inside of it's confined core. Drawing from it, I felt the two magics begin to gather around the diadem, willing them to do as I willed. 

I still haven't found a way to get my fairy magic to flow freely through my body like my human counter part, but that may just be because I can only channel one at a time. I will have to experiment more with it. 

A black, vaporous smoke began to coil off the diadem in wispy streams. As more and more of the foul smoke gathered above the diadem in my hands I began to hear an inhuman screeching fill the room. 

Pushing my magic harder I finally felt the snap of the soul fragment breaking free. Not wasting any time, I grabbed the fragment tightly with my magic, smothering, and overpowering it before doing what my instincts were screaming at me to do.