The Light (2)

For the first few weeks, Julia felt like everything would actually go back to normal.

Sure her parents still stared at her with worry when they thought she didn't notice it, but apart from that, everything seemed to be fine.

In hindsight, Julia should have known it was too good to be true.

When she started her day, that morning, about three weeks after, the incident, as she liked to refer to it, was just a distant memory.

After all, nothing had changed since then right?

Julia went downstairs for breakfast with a really good feeling. Today was going to be a really good day.   

Her parents had promised to take her and her sister to a amusement park right outside of town.
It wasn't often that they did something together as a family, and so Julia enjoyed everytime they did so much more.

"Good morning dad.", she greeted her father, who still sat at the table.
Julia's Mom and Sarah were total early birds, while Julia and her dad loved nothing more than to sleep in. Well, Food maybe.

"Good morning, Jules. Ready for the amusement park?", her dad asked while taking a sip of his coffee.

"I'm always ready for that.", she grinned and then said:" It's going to be so much fun, finally the whole family together again."

Her mom and her dad had had some issues the last couple of weeks. They tried to keep their kids in the dark, but Julia had noticed and she was pretty sure her older sister had too.

"Yeah about that...", he paused and the girl instantly knew something was wrong.
"Your mom can't come, she has a work thing to do."

"Wait, but... we've been planning this for months...", Julia said and suddenly all the happiness in her voice disappeared.

" I'm sorry, Jules, but your mom really has to do that.", he tried to explain but she could see in her father's eyes that this wasn't the whole truth.

"Dad? Are you and mom ok?", she asked carefully. Her dad sighed loudly and the gave her a small sad smile.

"It's nothing you have to worry about."

That set something off in Julia. " It's nothing I have to worry about? Hell it is. You're my parents and if you divorce it's definitely something I have to worry about."
She didn't even really know why, she just knew that suddenly she was so angry.

Her dad looked at her with surprise in his eyes. Julia usually wasn't one to get loud, especially not with her parents.

"Julia? Is everything alright? ", her mom came into the room and looked at her with a worried face.

"Everthings fine, Jules is just a...", her father started to explained but the girl interrupted him.

"Everythings fine? Do you actually expect us to believe that?", she asked and stood up from her chair abruptly.

"Jules? Your hand it's...", but Julia was to angry to listen to a word he said.

"When were you going to tell us, huh? When you filed the divorce papers?",  she knew she was overreacting, but there was this anger in here, burning a hole in her chest and she just had to get it out.

She looked at her mom, expecting her to look angry or hurt, but instead she looked.... afraid.

"Julia... calm down please ok?", her mom moved up to her slowly, as if trying to calm a wild animal.

"No, you listen to me now. We're your children, we have a right to know what's going on!", she screamed.

Suddenly there was a blinding light in the room that seemed to be coming from right in front of Julia.
The girl blinked a couple of times, to make sure she was not just imagining it but no, everybody else seemed to be seeing it too.

Her mom tried to shield her eyes from the light, but even though Julia was standing right next to it, it didn't blind her.
"Dad?", the girl asked confused and a little scared. Where was that light coming from?

"Jules, I need you to calm down.", her dad just said, stumbelinv backwards a bit.

The girl shook her head in confusion. Why was everyone acting like she was the problem? This light was the problem not her.

And suddenly she had an awful suspicion. Julia turned her head and looked down at herself.

Her body was glowing. It seemed like she had become one with the light.

"Help.", she screamed not understanding a single thing. What was happening to her?
Her eyes filled with tears and she didn't try to fight them this time.

"Jules! Look at me!", her dad commanded her, trying to sound calm bit failing miserably.

The last thing she saw was the fearfull look in her father's eyes and then suddenly the light glowed up blindingly bright and Julia had to close her eyes.

She heard a sound that sounded like something hit the wall and then the sound of glass shattering.

Julia stood there for a couple of minutes, not daring to open her eyes. Her body suddenly felt tired, like she had done something really exhausting and she sank to the ground.

She opened her eyes again when she felt strong arms wrapping around her and lifting her up.
She saw a blonde man looking down at her with worry. "Don't worry ma'am, you're safe now."
Capatin America?, was the last thought Julia had before everything went black again.