Inhumans (5)

"Natasha, what the hell are talking about?", Tony asked, looking at her with a puzzled expression.

But Natasha didn't even look at him, she just walked right up to Julia and said :" I need to tell you something."

The blonde girl nodded, not entirely sure what else to do. She didn't understand anything anymore. All she knew was that something was really, really wrong.

"I talked to Fury about this. And he told me that he knew about a similar case.", Natasha said slowly.

"This flashing light showed up  somewhere else?", Julia said worried. She had hoped the Avengers would find the source of it, before it happened again.

"Not exactly.", the woman took a deep breath before continuing.
"He told me that there was a gene that about 0.02% of humanity have. And that if people with this gene come in contact with a special kind of Crystal, they get powers."

"Powers?", Clint asked with a raised eyebrow.

"These powers are different for everybody, but they go from not getting older to controlling electricity to causing earthquakes."

"And you think I'm one of them?", Julia asked. That was ridiculous. She didn't have any kind of special powers.
She tried her best to ignore the voice in the back of her head, asking why her parents had said it was her fault.

"It fits. From what you told us about the shell to how it all happened when you were angry.", Natasha said, but Julia just couldn't accept that.

"No, no that can't be. I didn't even come in contact with a crystal."
Julia herself could hear the panic in her voice, but she couldn't help it.
This was insane. She was human. She had to be.

"Did you by any chance eat fish oil before the shell thing happened?", Natasha asked and Julia just couldn't answer anymore.

She felt like she couldn't even breath. She was a human. She didn't do this, she would neve hurt her parents.

Julia closed her eyes, tears streaming over her face. This was all just a bad dream.

But when she opened her eyes, she was still there, in that room.
But what was even worse, the light was there again too.

"Julia, you need to calm down. You can control this, I know you can.", Wanda tried talking her down, but the girl just couldn't stop crying.

She had hurt her parents. She was probably going to hurt the Avengers now. It was all her fault.

That was the last though she had before she felt something piercing her neck and then everything went black again.

" It's not your fault Steve. You wanted to protect us."

" That doesn't make it better. She's innocent and doesn't want to hurt anyone. God, Wanda she's still a child."

When Julia opened her eyes again, her head felt like it was going to explode.
"Hey, how are you feeling?"
The girl turned her head to the side to see Steve sitting on a chair next to her bed.
"I... I'm fine. What happened? What did I do? Did I hurt anyone?", she asked with panic.
"No, no! Everybody's fine.", Steve assured me and then added with a guilty look on his face:" I shot you with an ICER to knock you out."

Steve looked so guilty about it, that Julia couldn't bear to look at him.
"You did what was necessary. I could have hurt someone."

"This isn't you fault, you know. You don't mean to hurt anyone.", Steve assured her.
Julia looked at him with awe. How could he have so much faith in her after she almost hurt all of them.

"And yet, I did it anyways.", she mumbled frustrated.

"But hey, you're parents are out of the hospital. Tony offered to send a driver to get them if you want to.", he offered and the girl sighed.

Just hours ago, seeing her parents had been all she had wanted, but now...
She had been the one that had hurt them, how could she just go back and pretend all of this had never happened.
How could she put them in that kind of danger again?

"Actually, maybe rather later.", and to the confused look Steve sent her she elaborated:" I hurt them. I need to make sure that never happens again."

Steve nodded for a moment amd then smiled at Julia.
"I can't promise you anything, but I'm about 90% sure that Tony would let you stay in the tower for as long as you need to to control your powers."

"Really?", Julia asked excited. Being around the Avengers for a little while might be good for her.
Bruce might be able to teach her some things on how to stay in control and it would be good to be with people who could protect themselves.

"Yeah! In fact, let's go ask him right now."