The Avengers (3)

"Remind me again why she's here and not in the hospital?"

"She was completely unaffected from whatever this was, Tony. She might be able to tell us more."

Julia swore she could feel her skin ripping when she opened her eyes. She looked up at the ceiling for a moment confused. This wasn't her room, where was she?

She sat up slowly and looked around the room. It was a small clean room with only a bed, a dresser and a chair in it.

And on that chair sat a person.

Julia recognized her instantly. Wanda Maximoff.

Where the hell was she?

And in that moment her memory came back. The fight, the light and then how she had blacked out.

"Oh my god.", Julia whispered to herself, but it was obviously enough to wake up the girl next to her.

Wanda yawned and then upon seeing Julia awake said with an honest smile: " Hey! You're awake!"

"Where am I? Are my parents ok? Can I see them?", Julia asked the woman.

" Your parents are ok. They're in the hospital, but yes, they're ok.", Wanda reassured the blonde girl.

"What? Why are they in the hospital?", Julia asked confused. What the hell had happened to them?

"That's what we're trying to figure out here. I know you just woke up, but do you feel good enough to stand up? Me and the others have a couple of questions for you.", Wanda asked the girl.

"Yeah, yeah I do.", Julia answered. It was true, she felt fine.

"Ok, let's go."

"Do I need to introduce anybody to you?", Wanda asked and Julia just shook her head.
The redhead had lead her into what seemed to be a living room.
On the couch she saw Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner, Vision and Clint Barton.

Julia's palms began to get sweaty. The circumstances might not be what she had hoped for, but those were the Avengers!

"Hi!", Julia said with a nervous smile.

"Julia, right?", Tony Stark asked and when she nodded continued:" We'd like to ask you some questions about what happened."

Julia just nodded. It was good that the Avengers were on this, because she didn't want whatever had happened to her and her parents to happen to anyone else.

"How about you just tell us what you saw? Natasha is with your parents asking them the sam thing right now."

And so Julia told them everything, beginning with the incident with the shell a couple of weeks ago. Both of those together in such a short amount of time could not be a coincidence.

When the girl finished and looked up at the Avengers again, she could see them looking skeptical. And honestly, she couldn't blame them. If somebody else told her that, she would have though that person was completely nuts.

"Are you sure there was no one in your house? There could have been a drone maybe?", Steve asked her softly, as if he was afraid she was going to break if he was too harsh.

"Yes, I'm sure. I know how crazy it sounds, but that's what I saw.", Julia finished her sentence just as another woman walked into the room.

The Black Widow. Natasha Romanoff.

"Guys, what did she tell you?", the woman asked and so Julia told her story again, to Natasha this time.

When she finished, the woman said:" It checks out with what her parents said. Just that she's missing one detail."

"What is it, Nat?", Wanda asked her and the Black widow shook her head. "Maybe we should do this without her."

"No, please.", Julia interrupted her, " I need to know what my parents said."

Natasha saw the pleading look in the girls eyes and sighed.

"It's... your parents said that you were the one who glowed. That you were the one who caused the destruction."