The Future (6)

And just like that ot was settled. Tony had instantly been on board with the idea of Julia staying at the tower until she knew she wasn't going to hurt anyone ever again.

Tony had given her her own room which was right next to Wanda's.
Julia's room was a complete dream, held mostly in white except for few small decor items and the lights on her bedpost.
She had a couch, her own desk and even a mini fridge.

The girl was ripped out of her thoughts when she heard a light knock on her door

"Come in.", she said, sitting up on her bed.
The door opened and Wanda stepped into the room.
"Hey, I just wanted to let you know Tony wants to see you in the living room."

"Ok, why? What's going on?", Julia asked with concern in her voice. Had Tony changed his mind? Was he going to kick her out?

Wanda, who seemed to sense that she was concerned, gave her a encouraging smile and answered:" Oh, just a few things you need to know if you'll be staying here."

Julia smiled at the redhead thankful and then stood up and walked towards the door.

When she got into the living room, Tony and Steve were sitting on the couch, talking distinctly to each other.

"Julia, hey!", Steve greeted her as the girl sat down on the couch across from them.

"What's going on?", Julia asked.

"Oh, I've just been doing a little planning.", Tony said with an encouraging smile.
"Since it would be an over 2 hour long drive to your old school, I figured it would probably best if you just went to a nearer school here instead."

Julia swallowed hard. She hadn't even thought about school yet.
Going to a new school where you didn't know anybody was always stressing, and wasn't that what she should really be avoiding as long as she couldn't control those powers?

"You don't have to go to school, but just think about it. Me and Steve both think that a bit of Normalcy would be really good for you."

The girl sighed and closed her eyes for a moment to think about it.
What if she hurt anyone there?
But on the other hand maybe they were right maybe this would be good for her. Maybe it would keep her occupied so she didn't have to think about what she did the whole time.

"Ok, I'll go.", Julia answered and she could see the eyes of both me lighting up.

"Great! I'll have someone drive you there.", Tony exclaimed and then added:" Oh and I was thinking, you should do training with Wanda. She can probably really help you with controlling your powers. And now that I think about it, talking to Bruce might be helpful too."

Julia nodded and smiled at the man thankfully. Maybe with their help, everything was actually going to be fine again.

"Try to picture it as clearly as possible. Feel the light within you. Don't try to control it, try to guide it."

Julia would have probably laughed at how poetic Wanda sounded, if she hadn't been so frustrated.

They had been in the gym for hours and hadn't made the slightest progress.

Julia had been trying to summon that light again and maybe control it this time, but nothing.

"It's not working Wanda. Obviously, my powers only work when there's people I can hurt.", the girl remarked bitter.

It also didn't really help that she didn't even really know what her powers were.
Summoning a light? Being a living light bulb wasn't exactly Julia's dream.
And she still had no idea how she had thrown her parents back against the wall.

"It's going to work ok? It might take some time, but you will control it.", the redhead encouraged her.

"How did you learn it?", Julia asked and then immideatley cursed herself for it. She knew about the History behind the Scarlett Witch and knew that it was probably not Wanda's favourite topic.

"When they started experiments on me and Pietro, we were both still kids. They tried it again and again but nothing ever worked. I honestly lost faith after a while.
Then when we finally got our powers, we were on cloud nine. It was what we had been dreaming of for so long.
It took Pietro about a day to perfect his powers, but for me... well, it took a lot longer.
I did a few horrible things during that time, too. But suddenly one day out of the blue, it just worked.
Now, don't get me wrong, there's still days when I struggle, but I made it. And so will you eventually."

Julia looked a the girl for a moment, taking in everything's he had said.
It was crazy to her how much Wanda had been through and how she was still standing through it all.

"Alrights, let's go again."

Heyyyyy! This book just got 100 Reads and that might not Sound like a Lot to some of you, bit to me it's incredible. So thank you to everyone who's reading this story ;)