Where I have been?

Where have I been?

Dear fellow writers.... wow, it has been such a long time. I can legally drink alcohol and I own my own car now! I hope you've all been well and have continued to have success with your own story writing. I feel as though I owe some sort of apology for where I have been for these past two years. Back in 2017 when I was last on Wattpad, I had just finished my GCSEs (I did 12 of them!) and it was, at the time, the most mentally and physically challenged I had felt. I had no time to write due to revising so much, and tried to start things back up again in the summer but had no motivation.

When I started college to do my A Levels (Medieval History, English Literature, Philosophy and an Extended Project) I was even more overwhelmed. I was also working at the time, sometimes up to two jobs, up to 15 hours a day, and I had no time to dedicate to story writing, and even less motivation. 

In 2019, things became even worse for me. I almost dropped out of college, I was in hospital for something quite serious, almost lost a job, went through some complicated emotional relationships etc... I don't want to go into it in too much detail and bore you with my long list of prescriptions and blood tests...

Basically, the last few years, while I have grown so much as a person, have been a complete mess, and story writing, which I have been doing literally since I was 5 and could first hold a pen properly, disintegrated away. I even stopped reading books for pleasure, and doing any of my old hobbies as I became so ill.

Due to my awful college attendance and my general lack of interest in education, I didn't get the A Level grades I dreamed of, however I have still secured a place at a university to study History, which deep down is still my passion alongside writing. (I originally was going to take a gap year due to how ill I was.) 

Things have been bumpy since starting university, such as having to move accommodation due to bullying. However, my course has definitely reignited my spark. 

I have had two weeks off both my part time job and university this Christmas. I have started reading again on and off since I went to university and I am gradually feeling somewhat slowly better, although I have more appointments in 2020 still! 

And of course, naturally, my mind turned to my unfinished work, 'The Other Elizabeth.' Well, the version on wattpad is unfinished. I still care immensely about this story and am fascinated with the Wars of the Roses, and I had plans to write other books in a small series, and I had carried out the research for this, which I have been looking over the past few days. I've even edited the prologue of the second book. Yay(!) 

I'd love to be able to finish Elizabeth now I have more time. Now that I am older, there are some changes and edits that I would like to make to the material I have already published. So... would you guys still be interested? It may take some time as I do still have university assignments to complete. I'm not sure whether to create a separate account now that I am older or to make a new 'version' of Elizabeth on Wattpad, and whether to upload the second story at the same time as I write?

I'd love to hear what you've all been up to and get back into your stories, new and old.
Sophie :)